It's been some time since I've blogged about a print device and there's a couple of reasons for that. One is the fact that there has not been a device in recent months that has piqued my interest, and the second reason is that I've tried to enjoy more of my summer evenings and not be tied to a PC. At my age, you're just not sure how many more summer evenings you're going to have. Thus, it's time to start enjoying!
The new SP8400DN could prove to be a valuable asset while we're in the process of knocking out competitive devices in the field. Below you'll find my top five talking points that I will point out to prospects.
1) If there is no need to copy or scan, but there's a need to print at a high speed then the Ricoh SP8400DN would be an excellent choice. The print speed rolls in at an astounding sixty pages per minute. Thus, the SP8400DN can fill some print only workflows in the office.
2) The optional 4-bin mailbox also makes a lot of sense when there are multiple users that need to print to the device. Just this AM, I grabbed a print job off our work group copier and I was surprised when I picked up another employees bank transactions. Having your own dedicated print mailbox would eliminate the chance of picking up someone else's print job.
3) Black toner yield of 51,000 pages and the MSRP is $93 for the cartridge. Thus, the cost per page for toner comes in at .00183 per page. The SP8400DN would be perfect under a "device billing" maintenance plan. Not sure what device billing is? Post a comment in the reply section and I can tell you more about that.
4) Internal Multi-Folding Unit FD3000 allows for Z-Fold, Half-Fold & Tri-Folding with the options for folding the printed side in or out. The FD3000 can be installed with or with out a finisher. In addition the device can fold letter, legal and tabloid size paper. The folding settings can be viewed and changed from the SP8400DN printer properties settings or in the detailed settings page that is located on the tablet style interface of the device.
5) Hybrid 1,000-sheet Staple/Stapleless Finisher is interesting to say the least. In order for clients to take advantage of stapleless finishing, clients could only purchase a stapleless finishing device. There was no option to have stapleless and staple finishing in the same device. That's changed with the new Hybrid finisher. Clients can now choose whether the want staples or to use the stapleless feature. Please keep in mind that the stapleless option will only bind (stapleless) documents between 2-5 pages.
There you have, five really cool items to have a conversation with your client(s) for the new Ricoh SDP8400DN printer.
One more neat feature for you
The mandatory security information print can be a great selling feature also. Especially for those administrators that want to control security for all of those printed pages. With the mandatory security print turned on, the SP8400DN will lay down a security stamp on every printed page. Data such as time, date, owner, IP address and serial number of the device can be stamped on every printed page. Nice way to deter from distributing secure information.