MELVILLE, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--To help eliminate barriers to productivity, businesses require centralized platforms for output management that also offer flexibility and advanced scanning solutions with ease of integration into existing workflows. Building upon this market need, Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced the release of uniFLOW Version 5.4., the latest version of the award-winning output management, device management and smart scanning solution. As an integrated single platform software solution, uniFLOW V5.4 provides improved scanning and mobile printing, enhanced office printing, central device management and an extension of the previous version’s print room features for a wide range of products.
“The demands of the office environment are continually evolving, and Canon is committed to refining our solutions to provide the best possible resources as businesses grow and adapt to new trends”Tweet this
Expanding upon the market-leading print and scan management capabilities of previous versions, uniFLOW V5.4 introduces highly secure workflow-enabled scanning to the Canon imageFORMULA ScanFront Network Scanners, and extends highly secure printing to the OcÉ ColorWave and OcÉ PlotWave Large Format Printers and deeply integrates with OcÉ PRISMAdirect® used in print rooms.
“The demands of the office environment are continually evolving, and Canon is committed to refining our solutions to provide the best possible resources as businesses grow and adapt to new trends,” said Junichi Yo****ake, senior vice president and general manager, Business Imaging Solutions Group, Canon U.S.A., Inc. “With uniFLOW Version 5.4, we’ve expanded upon the success of Canon’s award-winning technology and continue to simplify and improve the user experience by providing users with greater flexibility, control and convenience required to manage their workflow processes.”
The key benefits of uniFLOW V5.4 include:
- Flexible document scanning – uniFLOW V5.4 offers improved implementation wizards, an enhanced scan processing engine that provides OCR, de-speckling and de-skewing, additional connectors, security options and uniFLOW Scanning support on Canon imageFORMULA ScanFront Networked Scanners. Providing a consistent smart scanning solution across Canon MFP systems and networked scanners can help reduce confusion and increase productivity in the office place.
- Powerful mobile printing – With this solution, administrators have greater control and flexibility in supporting growing mobile print requirements and determining which printer functions can be accessed by various mobile print users including guest users.
- Enhanced office printing – The latest version of uniFLOW V5.4 features new print workflow set-up wizards and an improved user interface for the uniFLOW Release Station, which can also be used on non-Canon systems. Additionally, this solution brings highly secure printing and job accounting features to the OcÉ ColorWave and OcÉ PlotWave Large Format Printer family. This extends more print security, control and management benefits of this solution to a variety of new customers such as architectural, building and engineering firms.
- Central device management – uniFLOW V5.4 is now equipped with an enhanced card identity and self-management interface, allowing users to conveniently register multiple identity cards or temporary cards directly from the Canon device touch screen. This provides efficient user and project tracking flexibility and helps lessen administrative management time.
- Integrated production printing – In addition to expanding uniFLOW “Scan to Print Room” functionality, uniFLOW V5.4 offers integration with OcÉ PRISMAdirect, Canon’s new production workflow and order management system. This allows organizations to better manage the accounting and reporting of both their office print environment and print room, on one common system.
- Energy saving - uniFLOW V5.4 offers a new energy-saving, sleep mode feature, which, when scheduled by the administrator, allows uniFLOW controlled imageRUNNER ADVANCE systems to utilize as little as one watt or less of energy when in this mode.
uniFLOW V5.4 is available now through Canon Authorized Dealers and Canon Solutions America. Most customers currently under a Maintenance & Support contract are eligible for an upgrade at no cost. For more information, visit www.usa.canon.com.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean (excluding Mexico) markets. With approximately $31 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2014‡ and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2015. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact email@example.com.
‡Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Availability, prices and specifications are subject to change without notice.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.