MSP, MSSP & IT Industry Notes
October 11th, 2020
Why partnering with ARCOA makes sense
Electronics Recycling is an important and profitable part of the IT asset lifecycle, but it can be overwhelming with all you already do, varying state regulations, and the limited resources at hand. That’s where ARCOA comes in. When you partner with ARCOA, you get all the benefits of a big company without any of the capital investment. We’ve been doing this since 1989 and have the expertise, certifications, and nationwide resources to get the most for all your clients’ retired IT assets. Plus, positioning your clients as environmental stewards not only elevates their appeal to consumers, it meets government requirements and avoids fines.
What partnering with ARCOA looks like
Our role is to make it easy for you to bring more value to your clients. We work with you to help stretch your clients’ IT budget by reducing the total cost of ownership of their electronics. We’re experts at identifying and implementing the solutions your clients need for the end-of-use remarketing, recovery, and recycling of their technology assets. The sooner you involve ARCOA, the sooner you and your clients will see better results.
- Domain Computer Services, announced it has merged with Maryland-based Tier One Technology Partners
- The company also announced a recapitalization in partnership with Frontenac, a Chicago-based private equity firm
- Financial terms were not disclosed
- Domain Computer Services based in New Jersey and Tier One Technology based in Markland
- Avasant has unveiled SD-WAN Managed Services 2020 RadarView™, its flagship report that recognizes 27 leading service providers as having brought the most value to the market over the past 12 months
- Avasant evaluated over 36 providers using three key dimensions: Practice maturity, partnership ecosystem, and investment, and innovation
- Leaders: AT&T, HCL, IBM, Orange Business Services, and TCS
- Innovators: Lumen Technologies, Infosys, Masergy, NTT, Tata Communication, Tech Mahindra, Verizon, and Wipro
- Disruptors: Aryaka, BT, Cato Networks, GTT, Mphasis, Telefonica, T-Systems, Windstream, and Zensar
- Challengers: Atos, CBTS, Hughes System, Microland, and Telstra
- WheelHouse IT the company has ranked #94 on the ChannelFutures MSP 501
- QWas also recognized by a place on the prestigious 2017 Inc. 500 List of America's Fastest-Growing Companies and continues to make the list
- DocuWare, now a division of Ricoh, announced that the number of new cloud customers is up 24.3% compared to last year
- Offers a cloud-based subscription to its document management/electronic content management system
- Epicor Software Corporation announced it was named by Nucleus Research to the "Leaders" quadrant of its Content Management Technology Value Matrix published in July 2020
- Position is based on the evaluation of the Epicor ECM platform, formerly known as DocStar ECM
- Nucleus Research is a global provider of investigative, case-based technology research and advisory services
- TBI announces the addition of Armor® to its provider portfolio. Armor is a global cybersecurity software company
- Flagship product, Armor Anywhere, is used by over 1,000 organizations in 40 countries, providing them with threat detection and response and helping them meet their compliance requirements
- Eliassen Group LLC has agreed to acquire Ferguson Consulting, Inc. ("Ferguson Consulting"), an IT consulting firm based in the Louisarea
- Founded in 1994, Ferguson Consulting is a locally owned and managed IT consulting firm. The company provides IT contractors for staff augmentation positions of Fortune 400 companies in Louis
- Eliassen Group provides strategic consulting and talent solutions to drive our clients' innovation and business results
- VPLS, a cloud-to-edge computing and solutions provider, announced its acquisition of ZR Systems, an Aiea-based managed IT services company
- VPLS expands its data center footprint into Hawaii, bringing its total number of global sites to 19
- ZR Systems will be known as “ZR Systems, a VPLS company” for a short period following this acquisition
- Synoptek, announced it has become certified as a Microsoft Azure Expert Managed Service Provider (MSP)
- Certification signifies Synoptek’s expertise in cloud services and designates it as a top global MSP to its Microsoft customers
- CGI will assume responsibility for a majority of Fennia's IT services under a contract valued at approximately 48 million euros
- CGI will manage Fennia's application development and maintenance services and also provide support services for Fennia's end-users and operating environments
- FileTrail, the leader in next-generation information governance and records management software for law firms and highly regulated industries, announces its continued support of key partners and professional associations with sponsorship investments in their upcoming events, all of which are virtual due to the ongoing pandemic
- Summitas has been named "Best Document/Content Management Service or Tool" by Private Asset Management magazine (PAM) at the 2020 PAM Awards
- In 2019, Summitas won PAM's "Best Client Service" award and was also named "Best Client Communications" byFamily Wealth Report
- InEight unveiled the all-new InEight Document featuring a host of new capabilities as well as a ground-up user experience (UX) redesign powered by a simplified user interface (UI)
- Collaborative Document Management
- Project Correspondence
- Transmittals and Packages
- Review and Approval
- Business process automation consultancy Quanton is acquiring Probotics, Wellington-based Probity Consulting’s automation managed services and delivery division
- TPx announces that it has strengthened its managed security services with the addition of enterprise-class managed detection and response (MDR) to it's MSx Firewall and MSx Endpoint services
- In addition to MDR, TPx MSx Firewall and Endpoint services has been expanded to include additional features to enhance security risk profiles
- MSx Firewall now includes:
- Secure SD-WAN, which leverages cost-effective bandwidth and encrypted traffic while also layering on security inspection
- Monthly vulnerability scans
- High-performance next-generation firewalls that deliver greater throughput at lower cost
- Fully managed, self-managed and co-managed options
- MSx Endpoints now includes:
- Security Awarness training, including monthly phishing simulations and courses with automated reporting
- DNS Protection that protects remote users and devices from Internet threats
- Now offering Managed Print Services Capture Agent
- Allows Alaris scanners to be integrated into device monitoring solutions used by managed print services dealers
- Subscription based model
- Real time status
- Usage reporting
- Multi feed and jam reports & alerts
- Research published by Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
- students who write by hand learn and remember more than those that use computers
- pen and paper sparking activity in part of the brain responsible for attention
- approximately 45 US states currently do not require schools to teach students
- data showed an increase of activity in the sensorimotor parts of the brain, which is involved with processing, attention and language
- found that the act is beneficial for adults, suggesting they will remember contents better after writing them down
- EEG was used to track and record brain wave activity using a hood fitted with more than 250 electrodes attached to the outer lining
- Each examination took 45 minutes per person, and the researchers received 500 data points per second
US District Attorney announced that Richard Liriano was sentenced to 30 months in prison and a $351,850.25 fine for illegally accessing the PHI of patients while he worked for the Hospital For Special Surgery in New York.
The City of Odessa, Texas notified an unknown number of citizens that their info may have been exposed in recent breach.
People of Praise, located in South Bend, IN, notified an unknown number of members that their info was exposed after hacking incident.
The University Hospital of New Jersey announced it paid $670,000 to hackers to regain control of network after ransomware attack.
Legacy Community Health, with 15 locations in Texas, notified an unknown number of patients that that PHI may have been exposed after email phishing attack.
Recover Our Youth, with locations in North and South Carolina, notified an unknown number of patients that their PHI may have been exposed after ransomware attack.
Tyler Technologies, a fed gov contractor headquartered in Plano, TX, notified an unknown number of customers that it was hit by ransomware.
Century Specialty Script of Tuckahoe, NY notified an unknown number of patients that their PHI was exposed after ransomware attack.
Minnesota Department of Health notified “hundreds” of patients that their PHI may have been exposed after it was emailed to incorrect people.
Valley Bank of Alabama notified an unknown number of customers that their info may have been exposed after hacking incident.
Arthur Gallagher Insurance, headquartered in Rolling Meadows, IL, notified an
unknown number of customers that their info was exposed after ransomware attack.
Martin County government of Florida notified an unknown number of citizens that their info was compromised after hacking incident.
Miracle Systems, a government contractor in Arlington, VA notified an unknown number of customers that their info was exposed after ransomware attack.
Montgomery County government of Tennessee notified an unknown of citizens that their info was compromised after data security incident.
State agencies in the state of Washington notified an unknown number of citizens that their info may have been exposed after email phishing attack.
Monroe County Mental Health of New York notified an unknown number of patients their PHI was illegally disclosed by an employee.
UCare of Minnesota notified 4,806 patients that their PHI was exposed after email phishing attack.
Clark County Public School District of Nevada notified an unknown number of
students that their info was posted on web after school refused to pay ransom to hackers.
Universal Health Services (aka UHS), which owns 400 healthcare facilities across the U.S. and is headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, notified an unknown number of patients that their PHI was exposed after cyber attack.
The Valley Health System of Las Vegas, NV notified an unknown number of patients that their PHI was exposed during ransomware attack.
Ashtabula County Medical Center of Ohio notified an unknown number of patients that their PHI was exposed after ransomware attack.
Magnolia Pediatrics of Louisiana notified 23,000 patients that their PHI was exposed after two cybersecurity incidents.
Anthem Insurance, headquartered in Indianapolis, IN, agreed to pay $39.5 million to settle a HIPAA lawsuit regarding a breach that exposed PHI of 78.8 million patients.
Police departments in Minnesota, Delaware, Arizona, Indiana, Colorado and
Pennsylvania an interruption to their 911 services this past Monday night due to cyber incident.
Microsoft is reporting that 52% of all nation-state cyberattacks are coming from Russia.
o 12% = from China
o 11% = from North Korea
o Claims that it stopped 13 billion malicious and suspicious emails in 2019
Pen Test Security of London, England, published report detailing how they were able to hack into an Internet connected coffee maker, the iKettle from Smarter Inc.
Cache Creek Casino Resort of California was forced to shut down after ransomware attack.