It happens all the time. You call a prospect at the scheduled time and the line rings and rings and rings. No answer. You send a short follow-up email to set up another call. Still nothing.
You’ve made good on your promise to connect, but you’re being met with radio silence.
So what’s a sales rep to do when the deal rests on a prospect’s responsiveness?
What to Say to No-Show Clients and Prospects After a Missed Meeting
- Default to the idea that there are many reasons a prospect could have missed a call.
- Respond with an even tone.
- Don’t guilt trip the prospect.
- Definitely don’t harass a prospect.
- Be honest about what happened on your end.
- Add the value you anticipated covering during the call in your follow-up email.
- Propose a reschedule.
- Be realistic if this happens more than once.