TEMPE, Ariz., Feb. 12, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Insight Enterprises has announced a new Backup-as-a-Service offering featuring monthly, consumption-based pricing, and the ability to leverage on-demand, public cloud IT resources to support usage spikes. Industries of all types experience IT demand spikes. Examples include retailers during the holidays and cyclical shopping seasons, media and telco providers, and manufacturers when developing and manufacturing new products.
The new offering from Insight’s Cloud and Data Center Transformation division, Datalink, also supports a full range of on- and off-site enterprise workloads. Enterprise workload backup requirements are often not fully addressed by public cloud providers or conventional managed backup services.
Our data protection services portfolio helps clients achieve a 10-25% reduction in backup-related operational costs. In addition, Insight’s cloud and data center transformation services help reduce the tension IT leaders face when simultaneously running and innovating the business with day-to-day backup administration and monitoring.
“Our new Backup-as-a-Service offering allows backup strategies to be tailored precisely to the needs of the enterprise with flexible per-terabyte pricing that eliminates the need to pay for fixed capacity that may not be used. Our clients have been asking for this model to help them meet their organizational needs, so they can focus on supporting business outcomes. With the managed backup lineup, we can now help our clients manage for today and transform for the future,” said Shawn O’Grady, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Datalink, a division of Insight.
Key benefits of Insight Backup-as-a-Service include:
- Variable capacity with a usage-based, 100% OpEx pricing model, eliminating upfront capital investment as well as amortized monthly costs for hardware infrastructure or software licenses
- Burstable bandwidth to address seasonal variations, merger and acquisition needs, and other scenarios where backup volumes exceed expected thresholds
- Full coverage of all enterprise workloads in private, public and hybrid clouds, including endpoints, applications, databases, files, web resources, virtual and physical servers, Unix and Linux systems, and more – whether located at the client site, Insight’s data center, colocation facility and/or public cloud
- Custom design and architecture of the backup solution to meet enterprise data retention requirements for different workloads, each organization’s Recovery Point Objectives (RPOs) and Recovery Time Objectives (RTOs), and other enterprise-specific policies
- Compliance management and reporting, including the ability to execute audit restores in order to fulfill specific audit requirements
Clients also benefit from Datalink OneCall™ customer support, which provides a single support number to resolve trouble incidents with technologies from multiple vendors.
“IT organizations today need comprehensive backup solutions to support their diverse enterprise workloads, on-premises platforms, and compliance requirements. At the same time, they are under intense pressure to minimize costs with the pay-as-you-go pricing available from public cloud providers. However, when it comes enterprise workloads, public cloud backup programs often provide limited technology coverage and regulatory support capabilities,” said O’Grady.
Backup-as-a-Service is the newest addition to a broad portfolio of Insight data center operational services that help clients maximize operational efficiency by outsourcing administration of networks, servers, storage, virtualization, voice, both private and public cloud environments and other assets. Details are available at https://www.datalink.com/Services/Managed-Services.
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers companies of all sizes, government organizations, and healthcare and educational institutions with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ to realize their goals. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of hardware, software, cloud and service solutions, our more than 6,000 teammates give clients the guidance and expertise needed to define, architect, implement and manage technology today while transforming for tomorrow. Discover more at insight.com. NSIT-M
Contacts: Cheryl Scholz
Datalink, a division of Insight
Tel. (952) 279-4829
Tel. (480) 889-9798
Sloane & Company
Tel. (212) 446-1884