TOKYO, Mar 17, 2016 - (JCN Newswire) - Fujitsu today announced that it has been selected by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry and the Tokyo Stock Exchange as a 2015 Nadeshiko Brand enterprise for its efforts to actively promote women's success.
Fujitsu has made promoting female advancement an immediate priority issue in its efforts to promote diversity, and has been actively working to create a supportive working environment compatible with both developing female leaders, and with child rearing and caring for elderly relatives. The entire Fujitsu Group will continue to coordinate its efforts to promote female advancement.
About the Nadeshiko Brand Program
Since the program's inaugural year of 2012, the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry and the Tokyo Stock Exchange have selected companies listed in the First Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange from each industry that is actively promoting the success of their female employees as "Nadeshiko Brand" enterprises. For 2015, as the number of companies working to promote women's success continues to grow year after year, 45 companies have been selected from among the approximately 3,500 companies listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange's First and Second sections, Mothers, as well as JASDAQ.
About Fujitsu's Initiatives to Promote Female Advancement
- In 2008, on the basis of the Fujitsu Way, the Diversity Promotion Office was established, with a theme of "Diversity-Driven Innovation."
- Since fiscal 2011, Fujitsu has made promoting female advancement an immediate priority issue in its efforts to promote diversity. Through such programs as a female leadership development program aimed at female management candidates, and career development seminars for women, including those who are just starting their careers up to mid-career women, Fujitsu provides career support for women in accordance with their management level to continually produce female leaders.
- Fujitsu is promoting improvements in the work environment to support a variety of ways of working, such as implementing a work-from-home system and supporting telecommuting, so that all types of employees can utilize their abilities to their full potential.
- By participating in the Kanagawa Women's Activity Support Group, which was formed in November 2015 under the leadership of Kanagawa Prefecture and is comprised of companies in the prefecture, Fujitsu is sending a message to those outside the company that now is the time for a movement to promote female advancement.
About Fujitsu Ltd
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company, offering a full range of technology products, solutions, and services. Approximately 159,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702; ADR:FJTSY) reported consolidated revenues of 4.8 trillion yen (US$40 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2015. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.
* Please see this press release, with images, at:
Fujitsu Limited Public and Investor Relations Tel: +81-3-3215-5259 URL: www.fujitsu.com/global/news/contacts/