SUNNYVALE, Calif., Dec. 2, 2013 --/PRNewswire/ -- Fujitsu, the market leader in document imaging scanners, today announced the release of PaperStream IP (PSIP), a new intelligent image enhancement driver designed for its high-performance "fi-series" document imaging scanner line. Combined with Fujitsu scanners, PaperStream IP delivers a powerful image correction solution allowing documents to quickly and easily be converted into exceptionally clean images, giving organizations the ability to maximize automation, productivity and efficiency throughout their document capture processes.
PaperStream IP is equipped with both a TWAIN and ISIS interface to seamlessly integrate with the myriad of scanning applications on the market today. Its robust image enhancement capabilities accelerate optical character recognition (OCR) and reduce re-scan and driver adjustments without any sacrifice to scanner speed. Additionally, PSIP can easily be deployed to a fleet of scanners via the Fujitsu Scanner Central Admin, providing the ultimate control over the document capture process and reducing downtime.
"Fujitsu has established itself as the document imaging leader by providing the best hardware and software solutions on the market today," said Scott Francis, senior vice president of marketing, Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. "PaperSteam IP provides our customers with another powerful and intuitive image enhancement solution that seamlessly integrates with our fi-series scanners to help organizations boost their document capture productivity and create long-term ROI."
Built on decades of technology refinement, PaperStream IP improves on numerous industry enhancement features while bringing many other specialized features to market such as edge repair fills in torn and ripped paper, multi-stream capability for fast output of different color formats simultaneously without slowing down scans, and blur correction for smooth dot matrix print and better OCR and reproduction. Additional features of PSIP include:
- Preset Profiles: With a simple selection of black and white, color or auto-color, the driver's defaults provide perfect images utilizing advanced features such as auto orientation, blank page removal, deskew, and hole punch removal. Setup time is also kept to a minimum.
- Assisted Scanning: In the rare instances when a document's background is not automatically cleaned up, the Assisted Scan takes the guesswork out of document clean up by providing nine distinct cleaned up images. Users simply select the image that looks best. There is no need for technical prowess or the driver.
- Real-Time Preview: For complex documents that require their own specialized profiles, the Real-Time Preview functionality eliminates the need to rescan documents as changes are immediately made.
- Fast Scanning: Having a small usage footprint of approximately 100MB, PSIP takes advantage of the PC's multicore processor to perform powerful cleanup without compromising throughput. PaperStream IP also provides 64-bit support for the latest generation of advanced scanning applications.
- Patch & Barcode Recognition: In conjunction with scanning applications, PSIP recognizes all of the most common patch codes including, 1-4, 6 & T, as well as both one and two dimensional barcodes such as Code 3 of 9, Code 128 and QR Code, allowing users to prepare and organize batches for faster electronic filing.
Industry Support for Fujitsu PaperStream IP
EchoStone Inc. "PaperStream IP provides a giant step forward in transparent document image enhancement. End users get 'better than the original' document images without the hassle of complex scanner driver installation, configuration, and support."
- Tom Bojarski, president and CEO, EchoStone Inc., a global provider of document management, imaging, and capture solutions
PaperSave "PaperStream IP is a great alternative to other image optimization software currently in the market. The software is easy to install, simple to configure, and very effective. My documents have never looked so clean."
- Wadih Pazos, senior vice president of development, PaperSave, a leading provider of document management, electronic workflow & transaction (invoice and gift) automation solutions
For more information about Fujitsu scanners, call 800-626-4686 or visit,http://us.fujitsu.com/fcpa.
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Approximately 170,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.4 trillion yen (US$47 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2013. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. is an established leader in the document imaging industry, delivering innovative scanning and internal network security solutions and services that enable our customers to solve critical business issues and streamline operations. With a technology portfolio that also includes best in class network security appliance solutions, Fujitsu looks to provide organizations with an easy way to monitor and prevent threats from the inside out. For more information about Fujitsu document imaging, visit http://us.fujitsu.com/fcpa, and for network security solutions and services, visit www.inetsecsmartfinder.com.
Copyright 2013 Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. All rights reserved. Fujitsu and the Fujitsu logo are registered trademarks. Statements herein are based on normal operating conditions and are not intended to create any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. reserves the right to modify at any time without notice these statements, our services, pricing, products, and their warranty and performance specifications.
|Jordyn Russell||Ryan Lack|
|Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc.||Voce Communications, Inc.|
SOURCE Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc.