SUNNYVALE, Calif., March 31, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Fujitsu, the market leader in document imaging scanners, today introduced its next generation production-level scanning solution -- the FUJITSU Document Scanner fi-6400. The latest mid-volume production scanner is equipped with intelligent scanning features and functionality, offering any paper intensive office environment the most powerful tools to boost automation, productivity and efficiency. The fi-6400 also boasts a compact footprint and ultra-quiet operation, allowing users to conveniently place the scanner in back-office environments.
"Designed with outstanding paper handling capabilities and enhanced image processing and capture software, the Fujitsu fi-6400 delivers a truly cost-effective scanning solution with the automation and dependability needed for production scanning environments," said Scott Francis, senior vice president of marketing, Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. "It's quiet and compact for use in front-office settings, yet powerful enough to tackle the most paper intensive back-office projects for businesses in industries such as healthcare, legal, insurance, government, education and finance."
The new Fujitsu fi-6400 delivers fast scanning speeds of 100 ppm / 200 ipm at 200 or 300 dpi (color, grayscale, monochrome), offers new image processing and capture capabilities, handles large batches with an expanded 500-page automatic document feeder (ADF), includes long-lasting consumable life, and has enhanced paper-feed functionality, all providing uncompromised speed and performance. More details on the Fujitsu fi-6400's key intelligent scanning features and time-saving tools to increase scanning efficiency and reliability include:
- Intelligent Multi-Feed Function (iMFF): iMFF provides the ability to automatically bypass documents containing sticky notes, taped receipts, and labels while still protecting against lost images. In manual mode, mixed batches that include envelopes can be scanned with easy user interaction to maintain data integration and high scanner throughput.
- Improved Document Feeding: The scanner is equipped with a front-loading feeding mechanism and automatic adjustable stacker in order to control output speed of paper which enhances stacking, keeping documents neat and orderly in the exit tray.
- Advanced Controls: The adjustable, easy-to-read interactive LCD panel provides quick access to advanced scanning features such as paper protection, pick speeds, batch counts, iMFF settings, pre-pick, and power savings, allowing users to get more out of their scanner, faster than ever before.
- Scanning Versatility: Long (up to 120 inches) and ultra-thin document scanning support as well as mixed document handling of pages of different sizes and colors are all included as standard features of the fi-6400.
- Enhanced Paper Protection: For improved paper-feeding and image processing, the fi-6400 detects the alignment of your scanned documents. If any irregularity is detected during a page feed like a stapled batch or skewed paper, the scanner's sensors will automatically stop the scan, helping to protect the original scanned documents.
- Post Scan Imprinter: The new model offers two post scan imprinter options on the front or back for users with demanding scan verification needs. The imprinter unit prints identification markers like dates/times, alphanumeric codes and symbols on the original document while syncing with an identical digital endorsement. This makes it easier to locate the original scanned document when needed for proof-of-scan reference.
- Compact & Quiet Design: The fi-6400's small footprint (12.2" x 18.1" x 17.8") and low operational noise, at only 55 decibels, allows the scanner to conveniently be placed in any front-office or back-office environment.
Image Enhancement and Document Capture Software The Fujitsu fi-6400 includes new enhanced image processing and capture software, including PaperStream TWAIN, PaperStream ISIS, and PaperStream Capture, providing users with powerful, efficient and easy-to-use image enhancement offerings to get organizations prepared to scan quickly and easily.
- High Quality Image Processing with PaperStream IP: Designed for the Fujitsu fi Series scanner line, PaperStream TWAIN and PaperStream ISIS provide users with a powerful, intelligent image correction solution allowing documents to be automatically and easily converted into exceptionally clean images, enhancing the most popular industry-standard drivers.
- Enhanced Scanning Made Easy with PaperStream Capture: PaperStream Capture gives users the ability to complete batch scanning processes quicker and easier than ever before. PaperStream Capture is equipped with a streamlined user interface to reduce training time and increase productivity when adjusting scanner settings and performing batch scans. PaperStream Capture also seamlessly integrates with PaperStream IP's assisted scanning for visual cleanup of documents. The reading of barcodes and patch codes make batch separation easy, improving document organization and providing scanning front-end to many content management systems.
- Scanner Central Admin: The centralized administration functionality dramatically reduces the total cost of ownership (TCO) and work that goes into setting up, operating and maintaining multiple Fujitsu scanners in an organization. This feature allows users to track scan counts, monitor scanner running status, update scanner drivers, check consumable status, and more, all over a network, from one location.
Pricing & Availability The Fujitsu fi-6400 is available now through authorized resellers, VARs, and distributors including Ingram Micro, NewWave Technologies, Inc., and Tech Data Corporation. The scanner is priced at $12,995 (U.S. list).