SUNNYVALE, Calif., July 21, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Fujitsu, the market leader in document imaging scanners, today introduced its latest network scanning solution -- the FUJITSU Network Scanner N7100. The new network scanner seamlessly integrates within a company's existing network infrastructure, allowing users to easily scan and share information on the network in order to streamline business operations, reduce operating costs and enhance work processes. The N7100 features increased scanning speeds, powerful PaperStream IP image enhancement technology, intuitive touchscreen display, and improved paper-feed functionality.
The N7100 requires minimal user training which makes deploying a network scanning strategy simple and allows companies to quickly extend business processes and boost productivity in paper workflows. Featuring a compact design and ultra-quiet operation, the N7100 is designed to simplify document collaboration for all types of organizations and is ideal for use in satellite offices, multi-floor sites, self-service customer intake settings, high-traffic areas, and shipping and receiving locations. Additional features of the Fujitsu N7100 that help companies and government entities increase workplace efficiency include:
- Faster Scanning Speeds: Quickly digitize documents with a scanning speed of 25 ppm / 50 ipm at 200 or 300 dpi (color, grayscale, monochrome).
- High Quality Image Processing with PaperStream IP: Built on decades of technology refinement, PaperStream IP TWAIN and ISIS image enhancement technology provides users with a powerful, intelligent image correction solution allowing documents to be automatically and easily converted into exceptionally clean images, enhancing the most popular industry-standard drivers.
- Scanner Central Admin: The centralized administration functionality of the Fujitsu N7100 not only allows users to operate and manage the scanner without a PC, but also dramatically reduces the total cost of ownership (TCO) and work that goes into setting up, operating, and maintaining multiple Fujitsu network scanners in an organization. This feature allows users to track scan counts, monitor scanner running status, update scanner drivers, and check consumable status, all over a network, from one location.
- Large Color Touchscreen Display: With its 8.4" XGA color touchscreen display and a high resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels, users can easily preview scanned images in outstanding detail before sending them to the desired destination. In addition, users can zoom, pan and rotate scanned images, delete pages or scan more pages to a batch by inserting more pages to the 50 page automatic document feeder.
- Customized User Experience: Utilizing its customizable "Job Button" feature, unique menus and buttons based on user login can be easily created for frequently used functions, including setting multiple fixed destinations with pre-determined scanner settings.
- Scan-To Functions for Instant Distribution & Collaboration: The N7100 offers users easy access to valuable business functions traditionally found on multiple devices through one common interface, including scan to e-mail, scan to folder, scan to network fax or network printer, scan to FTP, and scan to Microsoft SharePoint.
- Robust Security & Compliance: Adding to an already feature-rich network scanner security platform that includes support for Secure Protocols (SSL) and Encryption, the Fujitsu N7100 incorporates several security-specific features such as Secure Initialize and Install Certificates. These features offer organizations additional measures to assist with compliance and regulatory issues, as well as ensure data security.
- Advanced Document Feeding System: Inheriting the superior paper feeding technology that drives production-level scanners from Fujitsu, the new network scanner achieves exceptional feeding performance using "Brake Roller" technology to maximize reliable feeding of a wide range of documents, including plastic cards and driver licenses.
- CAC/PIV Smart Card Option: With today's security mandates and issuance of millions of smart cards, the N7100 provides the government with secure multifactor authentication. Scanner operators can use their encrypted card and personal pin numbers to scan documents securely.
"The Fujitsu N7100 Network Scanner is a perfect solution for paper-intensive businesses in industries such as healthcare, legal, insurance, government, education and finance for scanning a wide variety of documents like invoices, contracts, delivery notifications and remittance slips," said Scott Francis, senior vice president of marketing, Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. "Continuing Fujitsu's long-standing reputation for superior quality, reliability and innovation, the N7100 provides customers with a proven solution that will help them develop, monitor and remotely manage their scanning workflows."
Fujitsu N7100 Network Scanner Software Development The Fujitsu N7100 Network Scanner offers software developers an optional N7100 Software Developer Kit (SDK), which allows them to create database lookups for improved input accuracy and customize the network scanner interface screens to the specific business need. For added business productivity, many optional third-party applications have already been developed, enabling the Fujitsu N7100 to connect to Enterprise Content Management (ECM) repositories, Line of Business (LOB) applications, or other third party systems.
Pricing & Availability The Fujitsu N7100 Network Scanner is available through authorized resellers, VARs, and distributors including Ingram Micro, NewWave Technologies, Inc., and Tech Data Corporation. The scanner is priced at $1,895 (U.S. list) with a $59 USB keyboard option.
Service Options for the Fujitsu N7100 Network Scanner The Fujitsu N7100 Network Scanner comes standard with a 1-year depot limited warranty. Fujitsu also offers one of the most comprehensive portfolios of service programs in the document imaging industry, which are now available for the N7100. These programs include a Basic on-site service option, which includes spare parts, labor, and travel, or the Advance Exchange™ service offering, the Fujitsu overnight replacement program providing customers a replacement scanner prior to shipment of any malfunctioned scanner back to Fujitsu. Whatever the need, the Fujitsu services suite has a program to meet nearly any budget. For more information about Fujitsu services, contact a Fujitsu distribution partner or service sales at 800-301-9475 or visit http://www.ImagingService.com.