SUNNYVALE, Calif., Nov. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ Fujitsu, the market leader in document imaging scanners, today announced the availability of its next generation, high performance workgroup scanning solutions designed for small and midsize businesses (SMBs), and front-office and distributed scanning applications. The Fujitsu fi-7160, fi-7180, fi-7260, and fi-7280 succeed its best-in-class and top-selling workgroup predecessors the Fujitsu fi-6130Z, fi-6140Z, fi-6230Z, and fi-6240Z offering new paper protection and image processing capabilities and the fastest speeds in their class, allowing users to further boost automation, productivity and efficiency.
Delivering an astounding 80 ppm / 160 ipm at 300 dpi (color, grayscale, monochrome) the new Fujitsu fi-7180 and fi-7280 (flatbed model) scanners double the scanning speeds of their predecessors and come equipped with USB 3.0 connectivity and two-dimensional barcode recognition providing uncompromised speed and performance. The Fujitsu fi-7160 and fi-7260 (flatbed model) also provide blazing fast scanning speeds of 60 ppm / 120 ipm at 300 dpi and include an expanded 80-page automatic document feeder (ADF). The new scanner line also incorporates unique intelligent document imaging features and time-saving tools to increase scanning efficiency and reliability including:
- Innovative Acoustic Paper Protection: A first for Fujitsu scanners, acoustic sensors can detect a paper feeding error by monitoring the sound of a document as it passes through the scanner. If any irregularity is detected during a page feed like a stapled batch, the acoustic sensors will automatically stop the scan, helping to protect the original scanned documents.
- "Skew Reducer" Function: For improved paper-feeding and image processing, the scanners' "skew reducer" functionality detects the alignment of your scanned documents and physically corrects paper skews so mixed batches of various paper sizes can be scanned reliably.
- Advanced Hard Card and Non-Traditional Document Support: The new models are capable of digitizing a variety of document types such as large paper sizes (up to A3 and 18.3 feet in length) and ultra thin documents (as low as 0.033mm). The scanners are also equipped with enhanced embossed card scanning capability, such as plastic ID cards and insurance cards (up to 1.4mm thick), and allow feeding of up to three hard cards in either landscape or portrait orientation.
- Advanced Controls: The adjustable, easy to read interactive LCD panel provides the ultimate control to customize and access advanced scanning features such as paper protection, pick speeds, vertical streak reduction, iMFF settings, pre-pick, and power savings, allowing users to get more out of their scanner, faster than ever before.
- Intelligent Multi-Feed Function (iMFF): iMFF provides the ability to automatically bypass documents containing sticky notes, taped receipts, and labels while still protecting against lost images. In manual mode, mixed batches that include envelopes can be scanned with easy user interaction to maintain data integration and high scanner throughput.
- Improved Start-Up Time and a Green Design: The power-on time has been reduced significantly to less than 4 seconds and the new ultra-bright LED lamp technology incorporated into the workgroup scanner line helps significantly decrease its power consumption. The improved start-up time makes it ideal when small batches of documents need to be scanned at frequent intervals throughout the day, while also keeping demands on energy as low as possible.
"We're proud to call our high performance workgroup scanners the heavyweights of the industry," said Scott Francis, senior vice president of marketing, Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. "We have never rested on our laurels, continuing to innovate and introduce scanning solutions equipped with the latest unique features and functionality for our customers. In fact, the feedback we get from our customers drives us to always provide the very best products and lead the industry by example. We think the new line of workgroup scanners from Fujitsu meets these high expectations."
Advanced Image Enhancement and Capture Solutions
The Fujitsu fi-7160, fi-7180, fi-7260, and fi-7280 scanners include new advanced image processing and capture applications, including PaperStream IP (PSIP) and PaperStream Capture (PSC), providing users with the most powerful, efficient and easy-to-use image enhancement solutions to get organizations up and scanning quickly and easily.
- High Quality Imaging Processing with PaperStream IP: Designed for the Fujitsu fi-series scanner line, PaperStream IP provides users with a powerful, intelligent image correction solution allowing documents to be automatically and easily converted into exceptionally clean images, accelerating OCR (optical character recognition) and nearly eliminating driver adjustments.
- Advanced Scanning Made Easy with PaperStream Capture: PaperStream Capture gives users the ability to complete advanced scanning processes quicker and easier than ever before. Developed to expand the capabilities of ScandAll PRO, PaperStream Capture is equipped with a streamlined user interface to reduce training time and increase productivity when adjusting scanner settings and performing batch scans. PSC also seamlessly integrates with PaperStream IP's assisted scanning for visual cleanup of documents.The reading of barcodes and patch codes make batch separation easy, improving document organization.
- Scanner Central Admin: The centralized administration functionality dramatically reduces the total cost of ownership (TCO) and work that goes into setting up, operating and maintaining multiple Fujitsu scanners in an organization. This feature allows users to monitor scanner running status, update scanner drivers, check consumable status, and more, all over a network, from one location.
Pricing & Availability
The Fujitsu fi-7160, fi-7180, fi-7260, and fi-7280 are available now through authorized resellers, VARs, and distributors including Ingram Micro, NewWave Technologies, Inc., and Tech Data Corporation. Fujitsu has priced the high performance workgroup scanners as follows:
- The Fujitsu fi-7160: $1,195.00 (U.S. List)
- The Fujitsu fi-7180: $1,995.00 (U.S. List)
- The Fujitsu fi-7260: $1,995.00 (U.S. List)
- The Fujitsu fi-7280: $2,495.00 (U.S. List)
Service Options for the Fujitsu fi-7160, fi-7180, fi-7260, and fi-7280 Scanners
The Fujitsu fi-7160, fi-7180, fi-7260, and fi-7280 scanners come with a standard one-year Advance Exchange limited warranty. The Advance Exchange service offering assures customers that their businesses will experience minimal disruption in the unlikely event of a hardware failure and provides advance replacement on failed Fujitsu scanners.
Fujitsu offers one of the most comprehensive portfolios of service programs in the document imaging industry which are now available for these document scanners. From Advance Exchange Plus, the next-business day advance replacement service for scanners beyond the standard limited warranty period to ScanAid, the easy-to-install consumable kit, the Fujitsu services suite has a program to meet nearly any budget. For more information about Fujitsu services, contact a Fujitsu distribution partner or service sales at 800-301-9475 or visit: http://www.ImagingService.com.
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Approximately 170,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.4 trillion yen (US$47 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2013. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc.
Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. is an established leader in the document imaging industry, delivering innovative scanning and internal network security solutions and services that enable our customers to solve critical business issues and streamline operations. With a technology portfolio that also includes best in class network security appliance solutions, Fujitsu looks to provide organizations with an easy way to monitor and prevent threats from the inside out. For more information about Fujitsu document imaging, visit http://us.fujitsu.com/fcpa, and for network security solutions and services, visit www.inetsecsmartfinder.com.
Copyright 2013 Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. All rights reserved. Fujitsu and the Fujitsu logo are registered trademarks. Statements herein are based on normal operating conditions and are not intended to create any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. reserves the right to modify at any time without notice these statements, our services, pricing, products, and their warranty and performance specifications.
Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc.
Voce Communications, Inc.