• EU Regulation framework (EC) No. 1935/2004 — A member of EuPIA, Epson adheres to the guidelines on printing inks applied to the food packaging materials and articles [GMP (EC) No. 2023/2006]. Epson's compliant inks are not intended for direct food contact applications. The non-food contact side of the food labels should be separated by a functional barrier to prevent ink migration to the food.
• Good Manufacturing Practices Regulation (GMP) (EC) No. 2023/2006 — Epson's facilities comply with this internationally recognized regulation.
• United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) cGMP — Epson's facilities comply with US FDA's version of Good Manufacturing Practices.
• Plastics Implementation Measure Regulation (EU) 10/2011 — According to the European Commission's Union Guidelines on Regulation EU 10/2011 on Plastic Materials and Articles Intended to Come into Contact with Food, this EU regulation covers plastic food contact materials or articles ready to come into contact with food such as packaging materials, food storage containers, kitchenware or utensils, etc. as well as finished plastic components of the final food contact material or article which are later assembled to make the final article such as bottles and caps or trays and lids.
• Swiss Ordinance (RS 817.023.21) — The ingredients in Epson's SurePress and ColorWorks inks have been registered or submitted to the Swiss Positive Lists A and B for food labeling and packaging printing, published by Federal Food Safety and Veterinary Office.
According to Basat Khalifa, president of DuraFast Label Company and an authorized Epson reseller, Epson manufacturers its own inks for its label presses and printers, making Epson unique in the industry.
"As part of their solutions for the food and beverage industry, Epson has invested in developing inks that not only look amazing and offer exceptional durability and performance, but also comply with these important food safety regulations," Khalifa explained. "This is yet another reason customers in this market have so much confidence in Epson's food label and packaging printers like the Epson SurePress and Epson ColorWorks C7500G."
Since DuraFast Label Company sells Epson digital inkjet label presses and color label printers to customers in USA and Canada, compliance with international standards is crucial.
"Our food and beverage customers face huge challenges in getting their own products to market. Epson has positioned itself as a global leader in the food and beverage label printing industry," Khalifa said. "Epson inks are manufactured using food-grade hygiene management are well as Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point risk assessments at every point in the production process. What this all means is that regulatory food materials contact compliance is one less thing our customers need to worry about when they use Epson SurePress or ColorWorks digital label printers to print their labels."
For additional information about Epson's SurePress line of digital label presses and Epson ColorWorks on-demand color label printers, visit www.DuraFastLabel.com.
Epson is a global technology leader that manufactures color inkjet printers and digital label printing systems as well as projectors, watches, and industrial robots. With more than 81,000 employees, Epson is an international company operating in 85 countries.
About DuraFast Label Company
Offering a wide range of digital color label printers and digital label presses from leading manufacturers like Epson, Primera, and UniNet, DuraFast Label Company helps food and beverage manufacturers and other businesses bring label production in-house. Like Epson, DuraFast Label Company is committed to providing excellent service and compliant solutions. DuraFast supports its customers with top-notch customer service and technical support teams along with everything needed to print labels including printers and presses, label finishing systems, cutters and label printing accessories, blank DuraFast brand labels, and supplies.
DuraFast Label Company