TOKYO (PRWEB) November 29, 2019
■ About AWS WAF
AWS WAF is a Web Application Firewall provided by Amazon Web Services (AWS) that helps protect web applications from common web exploits that could affect application availability, compromise security, or consume excessive resources. With AWS WAF, you can control which traffic to allow or block to the web applications by specifying customizable web security rules.
■ About AWS WAF update
The AWS WAF provided by AWS has undergone a major update * on November 25, 2019. With the introduction of the WAF capacity unit (WCU), the limit of 10 rules has been lifted and now more rules can be introduced.
In addition, the introduction of the "or" operator makes it easy to create rules for various detection patterns, and it has been updated to a WAF that is easy for customers to use.
The existing AWS WAF has been renamed to “AWS WAF Classic” and can still be used. Customers already using AWS WAF Classic can also migrate to new AWS WAF.
■ Background of updated Managed Rules
So far, Cyber Security Cloud has been providing "Cyber Security Cloud Managed Rules for AWS WAF -HighSecurity OWASP Set-" for AWS WAF Classic in the AWS marketplace. Along with this, CSC has developed Managed Rules for the new AWS WAF.
Also, CSC has already started providing new Managed Rules in line with the launch of new AWS WAF.
As a result, customers using the updated AWS WAF can use the new Cyber Security Cloud Managed Rules, allowing them to easily build a robust security environment.
The name of the managed rule for AWS WAF Classic, which has been provided so far, has been renamed and continues to be provided as "Cyber Security Cloud Managed Rules for AWS WAF Classic -OWASP Set-". Existing customers can continue to use it.
■ About Managed Rules provided by Cyber Security Cloud
[Managed Rules for new AWS WAF]
Product Name: Cyber Security Cloud Managed Rules for AWS WAF -HighSecurity OWASP Set-
1. Mitigating OWASP Top 10 Web Application Threats
2. Designing high defense and minimizing false positives that become an operational risk
3. For customers who want to build a secure environment immediately
4. Support available in both English and Japanese.
Charge per month in each available region (pro-rated by the hour): $25
Charge per million requests in each available region: $1.2
[Managed Rules for AWS WAF Classic]
Product Name: Cyber Security Cloud Managed Rules for AWS WAF Classic -OWASP Set-
Features and pricing for Cyber Security Cloud Managed Rules for AWS WAF -HighSecurity OWASP Set- remain the same.
■ About Cyber Security Cloud, Inc.
With an aim to create a secure cyberspace that people around the world can use safely, Cyber Security Cloud provides web application security services worldwide using the world's leading cyber threat intelligence and AI technology. CSC is also certified as the 7th AWS WAF Managed Rules Seller in the world by AWS (Amazon Web Service) which boasts a 34% global cloud market share. *1
As a leading cybersecurity company, CSC plans to continue to strive to improve and develop new technologies and aim to be a company that can deliver effective security solutions to contribute to the information revolution.
*1：Cloud Infrastructure Services Market Share Growth Report "The Leading Cloud Providers Continue to Run Away with the Market" by Synergy Research Group
- The company names and service names described in this release are registered trademarks of the respective companies.
- Amazon Web Services and AWS are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates in the United States and other countries.
- For more details regarding the updated AWS WAF, please check here. https://aws.amazon.com/jp/blog...d-rules-for-aws-waf/
- For the updated AWS WAF, the AWS WAF automation service “WafCharm” provided by Cyber Security Cloud is scheduled to be available by February 2020.
- Customers already using "WafCharm" with AWS WAF Classic can continue to use it.