Skip to main content

IS anyone familiar with the pricepoint risso offers the Variable Dating Printing Option at for their 400 and 600 DPI dups?

I am facing a situation where this has come up. I am also wondering if anyone might be familiar with the affect that this has on speed of out put. If anyone has a sucsess story in this situations I would greatly appreciate it. I am afraid my ship may be sinking.

Brian
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I probably shouldn't tell you all this but there probably isn't any reason that the variable data printer wouldn't work on a PriPort with alittle engineering to get the unit heigth right and one unit secured to the other..

The MX1200 is a multi-head ink jet printer (Made by Graphics Wizard) that rolls up to the exit end of the Riso. You create the master on the Riso with everything that is non-variable. Then a mail-merge program of your choosing sends variable data to the MX1200 which prints an address as fast as the Riso can send the copies. The Riso prints the non-variable image and exits the document to the MX1200. The exiting document triggers the MX1200 to print the next address.

The Risograph is not doing anything different than it ever does. That is why I contend that the same printer rolled up to the back of a PriPort would do the same thing.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.