Skip to main content

Good morning,

Does anyone have a CED (customer expectations document) for the Ricoh 5100.  I'd like to see any documented info regarding speed changes when utilizing heavier and/or coated stocks (if any).  And, any tray limitations regarding type and weight of media. Also, for those of you who many have a few in the field... any shortcomings regarding real world applications?  Thanks so much for any shared information.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I can't find anything in InfoCenter, but your Service Department should be able to get it from the Product Support Guide.  The information in the Sales Information Guide is somewhat contradictory, stating in one area that Trays 1-3 can run Coated/Matt stock up to 110 lb. Cover (300 gsm) and stating in another that it can only run up to 140 lb. Index (256 gsm).  The bypass & DLCT can run up to 110 lb. Cover.

The only issue I have experienced is that it is EXTREMELY difficult to remove misfeeds if they occur in the section down below the bypass.  It is almost impossible to get down in there.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.