Skip to main content

Can anyone tell me if there is a solution to the following problem, as reported to me from a service tech?

The last (and most important) remaining issue has to do with odd-sized originals being scanned. His requirement is that the originals be set on the 480 to scan, and that the image be the exact same size as the original, not matter what the size of the original. The problem here is that if the original width is somewhere between the sensor distances (eg., 20” width trips the 18” sensor, but not the 22” sensor), then the outer margins are omitted from the scan. Setting a custom width in the ScanTool prior to scanning would work, but the issue there is the need to train and continually train field associates there on the process.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I haven't had much exposure to the 480, but have you tried putting the scan all the way to the right when you feed it in?

On the custom sizes, if training is an issue, you could print up a one page training sheet and explain step by step how to enter in the correct information, maybe? I am just trying any idea I can think of.
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately there are sensors on the doc feeder to tell the 480 what size the document is. If it is an odd size then the page ends between the sensors, in which case the machine thinks the page ends at the last sensor covered and cuts off the image.
I have not tested any scanning on the 480W as of yet, but I always train customers to set the scan size versus using scanner mode. My experience has been that if your scan is slight skewed or off center, the scanner might recognize a bigger size. When printing, the printer will APS a larger paper size or not allow printing at all. If you have a scanned original that is just over 36", not only will the job redline, but you cannot force it to print to a specific roll. Basically, you are left with a bunch of originals that cannot be printed. We have also found that selecting the size as opposed to scanner mode, will create a smaller file size. Since our PDF scanning creates big files all by itself, we have found it important to "set the scan size" so that the file size is minimized as much as possible.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.