Skip to main content

I feel a little out gunned in this fight but feel its worth the effort if I can put it together. Does anyone have any competetive info that may help against the Xerox and Canon product? The solution I am proposing is a TR Systems MX front end pushing 4 Ricoh 105's. Both competitors are proposing 2 systems (2 IR110's etc.) My combined print speed and redundancy has caught the customers attention but I am concerned with 1.Image Quality 2.Printing on mylar tabs 3.Running large cover stock runs through the trays and 4.Handling peak volumes of 2.2 million in a month.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I would suggest that you get all the help you can from your Ricoh reps. Also, I will tell you that I have not had any luck printing on Milar Tabs. I assume that is what you need, not just the ability to print on tab stock where only the holes are milar reinforced. You should be OK with peaks of 2.2 million but I wouldn't commit to a 5 year lease if I had any say in the matter.
I have been able to print on Mylar tabs from drawer 4 or 5 only with the tab sheet holder. Test the brand of mylar you are using to make sure its in spec and will work.

I would make sure the Micropress is beefed up to the max to drive 4 and contact EFI directly to have a TR expert come in for the install (the times I've done micropress/4105 there is always soething that comes up in the 12th hour and they need to have someone from Phoenix support working with your guys or their expert to get it complete, but if you start by paying EFI for the install, its all on them to get it done).

My only concerns would be printing on chromecoat, duty cycles and I would try to go 3-4 years tops!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.