Skip to main content

Jason & Graham,

I'm hoping you guys can help. I've got a deal with 80 2610's on the line. The demo was going well until they added the printer to a couple of MACs running OS X (version 10.2) On some multiple page files part of the file prints and then I get a stack error message reading:

ERROR:undefined
OFFENDING COMMAND:

STACK:

Also they had problems in the past with the same error when printing printing multipage documents to a Cannon system with a fiery on it.
But heere's the catch. When they print the same file to an HP printer using the HP emulated postscript, it prints fine.
The only reason they're looking at us is because
HP raised their service contract pricing for MACS.

I'm hoping for some insight.

Thanks!

Pete M.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

This might be worth a shot (from Ricoh's Knowledge Base) but I doubt that it will help.

Thanks!
Lee

OS X

Question
I am having several problems with the printer actually printing the page. I sent the page to the printer, the printer data in light flashes and printer says processing the page. The print queue says opening printer connection, printing, processing, closing printer connection, and then nothing comes out of the printer. It prints only about 25% of the time. The other 75% of the time I get 50% when I do not get the last page. This happens when I use most any application. I have reinstalled the printer driver twice with NO change.

Answer
When the data is transferred at 100Mbps, depending on network conditions, the controller is not able to receive all data packets and retry procedures occur. As a result, print jobs from a Macintosh takes a longer time to print out. To fix the problem you need to make sure that dual speed hub (10/100) is used between network and the printer and set the network speed to 10Mbps on printer. This setting can be changed under Menu, Host Interface, Network Setup and Ethernet. There is almost no effect on actual print time when the machine‘s network speed is changed from 100 to 10Mbps.
First, I think that Ricoh has OSx drivers for all b&w models.

Second, the 10mbs problem is not the problem here, when you have the 10mbs problem, prints do eventually come out the just take forever.

Lastly. The problem you have is a "Postscript Error" When you get a PS error you can use this page to help you troubleshoot the problem. 90% of the time PS errors are caused by errors in the file. Another 5% are caused by problems transmitting the data to the printer and lastly 5% are our fault.
Unfortunately, the Error you are getting is "undefined", so that doesn't give us much to go on.

I ran a call just last week where an HP would print out a page but our Ricoh wouldn't. However it still turned out to be a font issue.

Try to troubleshoot the problem to the exact page that fails. then try to remove elements (images, fonts, etc) until you find the exact thing that is causing the print to fail. then Replace or re-save that element and trry to print again.
Well Jason we can now say you were sort of right. We identified the problem with OS X and corrected it. It looks like we fell in that 5% category of transmitting data to the printer. Our SE identified the problem as being something within OS X was rejecting the Que name. They changed it and everything they have sent it has worked fine.

Thanks!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.