Skip to main content

When a new roll is inserted, the first copy of a set is always missing about an inch or so. If another set is sent, the first one may come out correctly or it may not, its hit and miss. But if I were to unload the paper, and then print again, the odds that the first one out will be an inch or so short is good bet. It only seems to do it on a new roll, so I think that the weight of the roll is a factor.

At one time I think there was a toner/developer spill in the machine. The tech that worked on it is no longer with our company, so I can't get good details from him. I've cleaned all the developer/toner out of the cutter assembly and its running smooth. I know he replaced the paper clutch at one point, and reseated the whole paper drawer because all the prints were coming out different sizes. The prints come out uniform now, except for that first one.

My guess is that something is slipping thats preventing that extra bit of slack to push up behind the cutsheet feed shelf right before the cutter comes across. I've had the machine apart a few times, and can't see anything obvious.

Any suggestions?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.