Skip to main content

I ran across this thread the other day. Though you all would like and would like to hear your comments.

I have done some productivity tests with the Aficio 2232C/2238C versus the Canon C3200 and the Xerox 40C. In printing a PDF file of 27 pages, the Xerox took 3:45, the Canon 5:00 and the Ricoh 3:00. I then ran the job again on the Ricoh, and it took 1:40. Then I realized that in the first try, the 2238C calibrated during the print. After repeating this several times, I was able to duplicate the same results. All the variables were the same; network, PC, drivers, etc.

So what did I find?
1. Calibration is approximately 1:20
2. We are still more productive than the competition if we have to calibrate
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

One of my sales reps had this reply:

"The reason the Ricoh was faster was because it has True Adobe Postscript 3, where as Canon and Xerox 'emulate'. It is always faster to print PDF's with Adobe Postscript 3. This guy needs to run a MS PowerPoint presentation through all three machines and see how they stack up."

This is why Canon includes postscript 3 with all their MFP's and Ricoh has it as an option on their MFP's. Emulation is cheaper than the real deal.
Is he saying the 2232/38 calibrates every 27 pages??!! Wonder if it was a color or black and white pdf.file.

Art

quote:
Originally posted by Docusultant:
I ran across this thread the other day. Though you all would like and would like to hear your comments.

I have done some productivity tests with the Aficio 2232C/2238C versus the Canon C3200 and the Xerox 40C. In printing a PDF file of 27 pages, the Xerox took 3:45, the Canon 5:00 and the Ricoh 3:00. I then ran the job again on the Ricoh, and it took 1:40. Then I realized that in the first try, the 2238C calibrated during the print. After repeating this several times, I was able to duplicate the same results. All the variables were the same; network, PC, drivers, etc.

So what did I find?
1. Calibration is approximately 1:20
2. We are still more productive than the competition if we have to calibrate
David Callahan from Ricoh was in my office a couple of weeks ago and gave me these two competitive analysis' concerning the 2232/2238 competing with Konica, Xerox & Canon. I'll post both reports - one is from sales reps from various companies that "tested" the equipment running the same jobs, with the same drivers, color & b&w. They tested quality, productivity, ease of use. This has already given me alot of competitive info. I'll post the one attachment and then post the other on a separate post.
Bridman,

What are iron on transfer sheets? I haven't run across those. It sounnds like it could be an untapped market for me.

Also, to add to the conversation a little. the new 32/38 seems to outperform the canon and Xerox from multiple application standpoints. Cost, Quality, Ease of Use. I am in a small satellite office for my company and use a 338, I have been running it through its courses and it seems to work great. Also in the field, we compete everyday against the other companies B2C models and it is rare that I see us losing a deal to one of them.

The canons' largest down fall in my mind is its insides. The color and speed are good, The processor is a little slower, but the feedback that I have received from endusers is it is too cumbersome and dirty if you open the panel.

Does anyone have experince competing with the Fiery Print Module on the 3200? I haven't run across it yet, but the price coupled with speed is a little scary if the fiery is strong.
If you want to beat an IR C3200 with the Ricoh, simply pick a sample file that has a solid blue or purple background and have them automatic duplex the prints. The Canon will leave little white specs on the second side of the print. Also, have them do a photo original off of the glass. The Canon does not have a good scan quality off of the glass. Good selling!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.