Skip to main content

Sorry I had to start a new thread on this subject. The board wouldn't let me reply to the other thread.

ACS is auto color Selection

This applies to copy only

On many color devices like the 7000cmf(without ACS), as soon as the system outputs a color page all subsequent pages are developed with all 4 developing units and it is counted as a color pages even if the page is black and white. Black is still made with the black toner only (not process black) but it clicks the color meter.

In short a system with ACS, like the 2232/38, will click the color meter when it outputs color and click the bw meter when it outputs bw regardless of the situation. Works just as you would expect it to.

The “problem” currently is if I tell the 2238 to require a user codes to copy in full color the system will not let me select ACS. If I would then copy a 10 page document with the first page color the rest BW it would count them as all color. Just like the 7000CMF.

Ricoh is aware of this issues and hopefully going to fix it.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I ran into the same problem. But it makes senses why it doesn't work. You have to turn the user codes on for B & W as well. If you run ACS the user does not have access to the b & W or at least the code is not turned on. I don't know how Ricoh would fix this besides giving the option for ACS to be part of the user code set up!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.