Skip to main content

I just ran into this on a 2105 install. I can not punch or staple with PCL5e, PCL6, or RPCS. Not on their network, or from my laptop directly connected via crossover cable. Not with or without Smartnet Monitor. I temporarily gave the customer a work around by having them send docs to document server, then printing docs out with punch/staple functions they need. TSC suggested updating firmware....it didn't help. ANY CLUES?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

That is the only thing I can think of too is the accessories need to be installed in the print driver. The one question that I have is using SmartNet Monitor, if their network has SNMP and you are using the RPCS drivers, it should find the accessories. I have only had a couple instances of SmartNet and RPCS NOT finding the accessories and those were odball installs.

Graham
No Bates Stamping. By the way, the finisher firmware didn't help either.

Finally did get to try these functions on another machine, and of course, it all worked just fine.

Ricoh's latest advice is to change the print controller, but we don't have one laying around, so now I wait until the company decides how to go about getting one...
An update:

Although there is no indication in the readme for the system and net file firmware, updating to level 4.03.3 and 3.08 respectively, has seemingly solved this issue of not being able to staple or punch from a print driver. The other machine that I had tried these functions on already had these levels installed, so I can't tell you if it worked or not previous to these levels of firmware.

This reinforces, to me, that there are sometimes hidden fixes buried in firmware, and that it should be updated especially if you are experiencing a problem....EVEN if it is not listed in the readme...

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.