Skip to main content

We are now having problems with this machine that are not related to the SR90. this customer is an insurance company that wanted to print their booklets (i.e. applications) to the 2090. first problem was they use a unix program and Ricoh said that the program would allow the SR90 to work. Got that to work even when Ricoh said it never would. Now, the 2090 is putting out output like the attached pages. It's not on all the pages, there is no pattern. Some pages have more distortion than others. Sometimes it's at the beginning of the booklet, sometimes at the end. Usually about 3-5 pages are affected. Does anyone have any idea what is the cause or what could be the fix? Let all of us know. (by the way, the mahcine has been owrking since the first of the year, and this just started yesterday. They had to run over 170 booklets to get 30 they could use. Also, the whiteout places on page 3 is just that-whiteout. I had to whiteout the name of the insurance company and their partent company. Don't want to get into any trouble)
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

hmmmmmmmmm.............. What you showed me looks like some time of interference, digital banding, etc. I thought first of the laser. Hence you have informed me of the copy and print mode the machine is doing this. Have you thought about radio interference?

As stupid as this sounds, all copiers under FCC law as a class (whatever devise) have to be able to accept radio waves, whether they are good or bad. If you guys are stumped with this. I would try to add a noise filter and to ask the customer if there has been amy heavy construction in the area and or a new microwave or radio tower.

Not the answer you're looking for but it may help in the future.

Art
Well the correct answer is "Memory". Well at least that's what we think. We in addition to being a Ricoh and Canon Dealer, are also a Hitachi HV Printer Dealer. We just happened to have a Hitachi guru in today for some training, and he took a look at the samples and the first words out of his mouth were "Not Enough Memory". I tend to believe this guy because he can do things with PC's, programs, up to and including rewriting Ricoh code for unix print drivers and make things that Ricoh says won't work...work. We are now in the process of seeing if we can add memory to the EB-105EX controller. Does anyone know how much is standard and can we add? Let us know...

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.