Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I lost two sales last year because of the inability to duplex from the bypass tray. When I called Ricoh about it, they told me that NO Ricoh copier will duplex from the bypass tray.
I was told by my customers that Konica and Toshiba both have this feature.

If anyone has any suggestions as to how to overcome this objection, I would LOVE to hear it.
It can do it but not the way you think and it can only do 2 at time. If you use front and back cover mode and set the machine to duplex on mode selected it will duplex from the bypass. My competitor told a customer that Ricoh had inferior feed mechanism and was not physical capable of doing it. All I did was set it up in a program for them and called in duplex-Bypass. Needless to say I won the deal. Still it is stupid for Ricoh not to open this up in the firmware. Good Luck.
JG
It's not a dumb feature. Try feeding an OHP or heavy cover stock through the Toshiba or Konica - see what happens. (Of course if you tell the machine what the stock is it won't - but hwo does that???)

Positive selling point - stops the customer from screwing the fuser and being charged loads of mooney for repair.
copier_doc -- That was the reason tech support gave me when I called, and it is a very good point - I can't even get some of my customers to understand how to change the dial when they change the paper size.

Jayson -- thanks for the tip. This way I can have the best of both worlds...it will do it if necessary, but it's designed to keep you from tearing stuff up.

Thanks guys. I won't lose another one with this info!
as far as not Ricoh not wanting heavy stock going through the duplexer, I got a phone call for a customer stating that the duplexer jammed for her every 10th copy. I went out to see it and she had 90lb. index in drawer 1. I told her it would even run one of those through the duplexer and she proceed to show me it would. Sure enough it ran 9 though and jammed on the 10th. I would not have believed it unless I saw it. It was a 1035. I asked he not to run in that way any more.
JG

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.