Skip to main content

I am working a Mom & Pop P4P customer that has a mac. This is their first endeavor into Connecting anything to their Mac. What I need to know is what limitations or features will I have/not have on the 1060 in a mac environment vs. a windows environment? i.e. scanning, DTB, Doc. Server etc.

Thanks,

Ted
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

You need to make sure that you have the PostScript option installed. You will not be able to print from the DOC server or use anything like scan router, DTB etc. Just remember, all of the applications that come with it are windows based and all you can really do is print and scan to email if their network will support it. You will have to install the accessories manually and then you can use them.

Otherwise, that should be the only major thing
So what scanning do you have, just Twain? Also, do you have any job binder type features or not? The network right now is one mac with a color laser printer connected with a USB cable. I will have to get them to run a crossover CAT5 cable so they can print directly to the 1060 without setting up a router etc.
AS far as I know, there is no scanning w/PS III, no job binder features either. I would make sure that they have adobe Acrobat (which they probably do) and they can create all of the pages in that environment.
Remember that you can sell them Document Mall Browswer MFP and email the docs to Doc Mall and then download them to the mac to have a scanning solution!

Art

[This message was edited by Docusultant on Thu September 11 2003 at 03:54 PM.]

[This message was edited by Docusultant on Thu September 11 2003 at 03:56 PM.]

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.