Skip to main content

I have a few 1060's at a customer's office, he says periodically noone can print to them. He says he can ping it successfully. But, he says he goes to the "port" tab on properties, and chooses configure port, and in the "raw setting" "port no." box the port number is different every time. He says if he changes it to 9100 it works. I have never gone to this window before on any of my printers, never had this question. Any tips?
Thanks
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I have never seen or heard of the tcp/ip port re-configuring itself, however i have heard of weird things happening if more than 9 or 10 people try to print using 9100 at the same time. With that being said the quickest remedy may be to set printing up using LPR, as it has always seemed to me anyway to be the more stable, especially when printing to a "dumbed" down version of the UNIX OS, which is what is on that print controller. If you are unfamiliar with setting up LPR printing relpy back and i will get you some instructions.
Setting the "LPR" option in "Standard TCP/IP" port is *not* the same as adding a real LPR port.

As the Dude mentioned, LPR is alot less problematic, Microsoft has periodicly broken Standard TCP/IP over the years.

LPR byte counting is not required for our printers. All byte counting does is tell the printer what size the print file is before it sends the file so that it knows when the end has arrived. Without it, the printer will automatically sense the "end of file".

Some printers do require it, but I'm not aware of any current Ricoh model that requires it.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.