Skip to main content

I have 1045/print/fax/paper pedestal, no finisher. Volume is 25K per month. The machine runs great, EXCEPT, every two or three days or so it jams first thing in the morning, at the fuser exit sensor. Page is halfway out of exit area of internal tray. Clear the jam, and it jams again 4 or 5 times, then runs flawlessly the rest of the day, maybe up to three days.
THANKS PEOPLE!!!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Though it may sound simple, I saw the problem in a 1060. The customer had jams in the morning, not every day, but every now and then. They would remove the misfeeed, and the system would jam a few more times and then not for the rest of the day.

I happened to be there one morning, I took some of the misfeed paper out of the garbage can. The paper was damp, the AC was not on. I checked the paper in the rest of the drawers and sure enough the first few sheets in every drawer had accumulated moisture.

Now this may not be your problem, however I would tell the customer to keep the paper in the wax wrappers and not to leave it laying around. I also instructed the user to go out and buy some anti-humdity bags (not sure what there called), they are usually placed in new electronics and especially our new wide format systems. I instructed the customer to place these bags in the paper drawers and to let me know if they still had the problem.

So far, no calls. Hope this helps.

Art
Last edited {1}
is it the same tray or all trays? moist pepar would be a consideration.machines have tray heaters but they only work when machine is off. i would see if the jams are occuring at the fuser exit sensor if that is the case i would change that sensor. you will have to remove the scanner but i think once you see the sensor you will understand being right after the fuser it has a tendency to collect alot of burnt up toner

good luck

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.