Please keep in mind that predictions are just that. In most cases I'm having fun with coming up with some extreme predictions that will never come to fruition. However they do offer up some interesting "what ifs".
So 2021 was a year we would all like to forget again. The global pandemic continued for another year and as I write this we are the throws of dealing with Omicron and hopefully the last variant we'll see. Hoping that 2022 will be prosperous and ripe with change. I mention change because in most cases change brings opportunities!
I posted the paragraph below in last years blog.
Last year I made one of my predictions that Aliens would make first contact in the 2021.
Thank goodness the Aliens did not join us for our worldwide COVID19 event. Now all we have to worry about is the Doomsday Glacier.
Top Ten Copier & Imaging Industry Predictions for 2021
1. For my good buddy Ray S. Dubai ditches the paperless office initiative because of complaints from workers about excessive eye strain from the countless hours of staring at multiple display screens. End result is they may not have to worry if Doomsday Glacier prediction comes true .
2. Buzzwords for 2022 are Post-Digital Age and Rapid Business Transformation.
3. Speed & Color Licensing will be the new normal as we enter the last quarter of 2021 for copiers with at least one of our manufacturers. They will see the light and reduce the office style A3 devices to two MFPs. One device will will be capable of speeds from 20-60 pages per minute and the other will offer 65 to 100 pages per minute. The dealer can them configure any speed that the client desires and then offer a subscription service if the client needs color.
4. Ricoh to rebrand as a Global Professional Services Company
5. Xerox who is in need of an OEM copier manufacturer will make a purchase to acquire either Toshiba Tec, Sharp from Foxconn or KonicaMinolta.
6. One OEM Copier manufacturer will to only offering color MFPs
7. One of the top four (Canon, Xerox, KonicaMinolta of Ricoh) will make a play for the purchase of Crowdstrike.
8. Diversification from the print industry will see Ricoh, Canon, KonicaMinolta, or Kyocera will start purchasing large regional MSP providers.
9. The FBI will finally enter the USA market place to take on the likes of Xerox, Canon, Ricoh and KonicaMinolta. Fuji Business Innovation could also make a strategic partnership with one of two mega dealers in the US.
10. After almost 6 years with no refreshes it seems Ricoh will divest themselves from the AEC wide format business.
I enjoy writing these and please keep in mind that these predictions are intended to be more entertaining than factual. But, you never know what tomorrow will bring. Would love to hear comments!