I always like to start these Christmas blogs with a post some sinppets about Christmas tradition in other countries.
Families traditionally gather for a Christmas Day lunch. Traditional foods include roast beef, turkey, lamb, salads and roast vegetables. More recently, as appropriate to the often hotter weather of the day, it has become popular to serve local seasonal produce such as cold meats and seafood (such as eel). Increasingly common, instead of a formal dinner indoors, New Zealanders relax outdoors on Christmas Day and enjoy a barbecue lunch on the beach—popularized since the 2000s. Similarly, dessert also includes a mix of traditional winter Christmas food such as plum pudding, fruit mince pies, and Christmas cake alongside local traditions, such as pavlova topped with summer fruits or kiwifruit. (copied from wikipedia)
This blog will mark the thirteenth blog that I've posted over the years for "What I Want for Christmas" from Ricoh. Over the years I've asked Ricoh to supply me with new products, and services that could help me sell more Ricoh stuff! That's all I want is some cool new stuff for Christmas.
Geesh, what do I want this year, hmmmm…..now some of these are replays from last years wishes, but if you don't ask you don't get! Thought I would also use some quotes from one of my fav Christmas movie. Can you guess the name of the movie? If so PM me and I'll hook you up with a FREE one year Premium Membership.
To Ricoh "What I Want for Christmas 2020"
1. What about giving us a 70/80/90 page a minute A4 black MFP's? Ya know something we can crush the market with? But they would have to come with finishing capabilities and color would be awesome too!
"Strange, isn't it? Each man's life touches so many other lives. When he isn't around he leaves an awful hole, doesn't he?"
2. I still want a 36 inch color wide format MFP that's toner based, and none of the wishy washy gel ink technology. More and more clients have the need for one wide format device in the office.
"Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for"
4. Can you get me some inventory for Christmas? I just want to be able to to purchase the stuff that you say you sell!
"Now, you listen to me! I don't want any plastics, and I don't want any ground floors, and I don't want to get married - ever - to anyone! You understand that? I want to do what I want to do. And you're... and you're..."
5. I'm really needing a social media app for the copiers. With all of the content I'm producing I could scan legacy documents, brochures and other stuff directly to Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and really start creating an awesome branding campaign. I really getting tired of scanning to folder, saving the image and then uploading to social media. A scan2social media app would really be the best gift in the world!
"Merry Christmas, movie house! Merry Christmas, Emporium! Merry Christmas, you wonderful old Building and Loan!"
6. Now, this one isn't for Ricoh but for our leasing partners. Can you give us an approval department before Christmas? All we hear from is your decline department now. Would be great to get all of this business booked before the end of the year!
"You've been given a great gift, George: A chance to see what the world would be like without you"
7. How about some more videos of your products on YouTube. However not those generic ones with the nice music and graphics. I'd like to have more detailed videos that show features and how they will help my clients with their business processes.
What is it you want, Mary? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. Hey. That's a pretty good idea. I'll give you the moon, Mary.
8. I would also like to have one color A3 MFP and one color A4 MFP and can you make it with speed and color license? This way I only have to stock two devices in my inventory. I can then subscription sell the speed and the color when I need it. This would allow me to see black devices and color devices when needed and offer subscription upgrades for speed and color!
Strange, isn't it? Each man's life touches so many other lives. When he isn't around he leaves an awful hole, doesn't he?
9.Here's another really cool idea for Christmas. Can you standardize all of the accessories so that they work on of the devices? This way we don't have to upsell clients that have needs for additional options.
" HOT DOG"
10. I'm thinking this is not going to fly, but if you don't ask you don't get I want a wide format copier/printer/scanner with an automatic document feeder! It only has to hold 20 pages. If you can do it for fax machines you can surely make it for the wide formats.