I always like to start these Christmas blogs with a small story about Christmas tradition in other countries.
On Christmas Eve, children, especially boys, often go out singing 'kalanda' (carols) in the streets. They play drums and triangles as they sing. Sometimes they will also carry model boats decorated with nuts which are painted gold. Carrying a boat is a very old custom in the Greek Islands.
If the children sing well, they might be given money, as well things to eat like nuts, sweets and dried figs.
An old and very traditional decoration is a shallow wooden bowl with a piece of wire suspended across the rim. A sprig of basil wrapped around a wooden cross and hangs from the wire. Some water is kept in the bowl to keep the basil alive and fresh. Once a day someone, usually the mother of the family, dips the cross and basil into some holy water and uses it to sprinkle water in each room of the house. read the rest here
This blog will mark the twelfth blog that I've posted over the years for "What I Want for Christmas" from Ricoh. Over the years I've asked Ricoh to supply me with new products, and services that could help me sell more Ricoh stuff! That's all I want is some cool new stuff for Christmas.
Geesh, what do I want this year, hmmmm…..now some of these are replays from last years wishes, but if you don't ask you don't get! Thought I would also use some quotes from my fav Christmas movie. Can you guess?
To Ricoh "What I Want for Christmas 2019"
1. "Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. It's been more than three years since the launch of the MP W6700/7100 & 8140, could I please get a refresh of these toner based wide format models! Kinda tough to upgrade clients to the same device coming off of a 3 year lease.
2. "You serious Clark?" I want a 36 inch color wide format MFP that uses color toner, and none of the wishy washy gel ink technology. More and more clients are want one wide format device that prints black and color!
3. "Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat?" No, however 70/80/90 page a minute A4 MFP's would be an excellent present! But they would have to come with finishing capabilities and color would be awesome too!
4. "Surprised, Eddie?... If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised." Okay this one might be a tall task, you know the growth in industrial print is HUGE through 2025 right? Well, I'm hoping you can purchase Mimaki Engineering because they have some really cool grand wide format printers!
5. "Save the neck for me, Clark." Thanks so much for Ricoh ICE, but I'm really needing a social media app for the copiers. With all of the content I'm producing I could scan legacy documents, brochures and other stuff directly to Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and really start creating an awesome branding campaign. I really getting tired of scanning to folder, saving the image and then uploading to social media. A scan2social media app would really be the best gift in the world!
6. "You ain't never seen a set on a dog like this one's got, Clark." Here's a great idea, how about built in embedded scanning software for indexing/metadata and folder search integration as standard feature in all of our copiers.
7. "Well, I'm gonna park the cars and get the luggage, and well, I'll be outside for the season." Leads, leads and more leads please!
8. "Hurry up, Clark. I'm freezing my baguettes off." Color Label Press would be really sweet. It would have to memjet waterfall print head and would have to be really fast and offer low cost per label. Do you think we can get one of these soon?
9. "Bend over and I'll show you." The ability to browse to any folder from the MFP, having this feature would surely increase sales and help in my efforts to get Presidents Club for 2015!!!
10. "Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas" Dagnabit, I've asked for this for quite some time and you've never listened. I want a wide format copier/printer/scanner with an automatic document feeder! It only has to hold 20 pages. If you can do it for fax machines you can surely make it for the wide formats.
Boy oh boy that's a lot of stuff to look for!