Over the last few months, I've been able get up close and personal with the Epson WorkForce C20590. I'm a fan and a believer that this device and others like it will be a better fit for Enterprise accounts.
Keep in mind that this is a spec check and by the time this device comes to market (soon) that some specifications may change.
- Color Scanning
- Dual head, single pass scanner means that you can scan duplex (two sided) documents in a single pass up to 110ipm (images per minute)
- Maximum scan resolution is 9600 dpi
- Scan to PC (USB & Network)
- Scan to cloud
- Scan to email
- Scan to network folder
- Scan to memory card and flash drive
- Scan to PDF
- Density adjustment
- Remove shadows/punch holes
Almost everything you'd ever want in a color scanner right? But wait, there's even more!
- The optical resolution is 1200 dii
- Max scan bed size is 11.7"x17"
- ADF simplex scan speed is 60 ipm (images per minute)
- Who can argue with 10o letter sizes pages a minute in full color & black!
- Maximum print resolution is 600x2400
- PrecisionCore 4-color drop-on-demand line head ink technology (pretty cool technology, the print head is stationary and the paper moves under the print head)
- Print features include simplex (dingle sided), duplex (two sided), collating, rotate-sort, mixed paper sizes, secure printing, watermark and poster printing (I would love to see the poster print, thinking this might be a neat feature for 13x19 in house signage).
- Maximum Copy size is 13x19
- Maximum Copy resolution is 600x1200
- Device can produce up to 999 copies at a setting
- Additional copy features included ID Copy, collate, auto reduction and enlargement, fit to page (unique feature), automatic one sided to two sided, adjustable copy density, one sided to two sided, two sided to one sided, two sided to two sided.
- Adjustments for density, contrast, color, sharpness, text enhancement and mixed size originals
Some really nice features for copying, but who copies anymore? I can't remember the last time I made a copy and I'm in the business.
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0
- Wireless (now this is something you don't get as a standard feature in most A3 MFP devices)
- Wi-Fi Direct
- Ethernet 1000Base-T/100Base-TX/10Base-T
- NFC (near field communications)
- Operating systems Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (32-bit, 64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit, 64-bit), Windows XP SP3 (32-bit), Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, Windows Server 2003 SP2, Windows Server 2016, Mac OSX 10.6.8 - mas OS 10.12.x
- DURABrite Pro pigment ink
- 5 individual cartridges (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black x2)
- Fade resistance and print longevity is up to 84 years (that's pretty incredible number of years)
- Replacement ink cartridge yield for black and color is 50,000 pages
- Uses up to 50% less power than color laser printers
- Saves up to 50% of your paper with automatic two sided printing
- Energy Star qualified
- RoHS compliant
There are many additional features for the Epson WorkForce C20590. If you'd like to glean additional data, I suggest you go here for the press release from Epson.