Just about a week ago I was able to visit a client with an existing KIP 3000 multifunctional wide format device with hopes of providing a new Ricoh MP W6700SP. Seems the KIP 3000 had received quite a workout over the years and was closing in the end of it's useful life. After spending about fifteen minutes with the device and the operator, I found that the KIP 3000 was purchased pre-owned, and the volume was about 3,000 square feet a month, in addition the KIP 3000 has a dual roll paper feeder.
Our next step was to meet with the users of the KIP 3000 and to uncover any workflows for scanning, printing or copying. Our discovery process enabled us to pinpoint the clients needs the following.
- Paper sizes included 30x42 and 36x24
- PDF workflow for printing & scanning
- Average monthly volume of about 3,000 square feet a month
- Need for color scanning
- Need for new device to have a dual roll feeder
- Ability to scan to multiply destinations (server, folder and email) with the touch of one button
- Ability of the new device to exit prints to the front of the device