January 17, 2021
MSP. IT & MSSP Industry Notes
Why partnering with ARCOA makes sense
Electronics Recycling is an important and profitable part of the IT asset lifecycle, but it can be overwhelming with all you already do, varying state regulations, and the limited resources at hand. That’s where ARCOA comes in. When you partner with ARCOA, you get all the benefits of a big company without any of the capital investment. We’ve been doing this since 1989 and have the expertise, certifications, and nationwide resources to get the most for all your clients’ retired IT assets. Plus, positioning your clients as environmental stewards not only elevates their appeal to consumers, it meets government requirements and avoids fines.
What partnering with ARCOA looks like
Our role is to make it easy for you to bring more value to your clients. We work with you to help stretch your clients’ IT budget by reducing the total cost of ownership of their electronics. We’re experts at identifying and implementing the solutions your clients need for the end-of-use remarketing, recovery, and recycling of their technology assets. The sooner you involve ARCOA, the sooner you and your clients will see better results.
- OpenTextTM , today announced SEEPEX, is leveraging OpenText™ Content Suite and OpenText™ Extended ECM for SAP® Solutions
- SEEPEX offers customized solutions with progressive cavity pumps, pump systems, and digital solutions for a wide range of applications in nearly every industry
- "The decision to extend our use of OpenText was an easy one," said Roland Rottländer, Data Processing Manager, SEEPEX. "OpenText provides exactly what we need; a single, enterprise-wide content management platform for our 800 users
- AccountabilIT has announced it has acquired Enterprise Technology Services
- Enterprise offers managed IT services in Arizona
- AccountabilIT is a managed IT services and cybersecurity firm based out of Scottsdale, Arizona
- Enterprise Technology services has delivered IT solutions to businesses in Arizona since 1998
- Atmosera, announced that it has been recognized as a Microsoft Azure Expert Managed Services Provider (MSP)
- Azure Expert MSP status is Microsoft’s highest recognition for partners offering cloud management services on Azure
- Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc. (Konica Minolta), along with its IT Services Division, All Covered, announces ChannelE2E has named it to the Top 250 Public Cloud MSPs list for 2020.
- ChannelE2E, is published by After Nines Inc
- The list and research identify and honor the top managed IT service providers (MSPs) that support customers on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and more
- Ranking on based on readership survey
- Highlights from ChannelE2E research
- Public Cloud MSP Revenue Growth: MSP honorees, on average, expect to generate $29.2 million in public cloud revenues in 2020, up 38% from 2019.
- Geography: MSP honorees are headquartered in 29 different countries, and 51% of the MSP honorees are headquartered outside of North America.
- Public Cloud Platforms Supported: 82% of the MSP honorees support Microsoft Azure, followed by AWS (65%), Google Cloud Platform (23%) and VMware Cloud on AWS (18%).
- Largest Revenue Share: 44% of MSP honorees said Microsoft Azure generates the bulk of their public cloud revenues, followed by AWS (41%).
- Cybersecurity: Public cloud MSPs are growing their focus on cloud security posture management (CSPM), extended detection and response (XDR) and additional cyber services.
- M&A: Mergers, acquisitions and private equity investments continue to accelerate across the public cloud MSP sector. MSP honorees have made more than two-dozen acquisitions in the past year.
- NeoSystems, announced today that it has been recognized by the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) Accreditation Body (AB) as a Registered Provider Organization (RPO)
- NeoSystems, based in Tysons Corner, Virginia, is a full service strategic outsourcer, IT systems integrator and managed service provider delivering services and solutions to enable, run and secure government contractors, commercial companies and nonprofits
- The CMMC Model itself is created, managed and mandated by the Department of Defense (DoD). Its purpose is to validate the security of the DoD's 300,000 vendors throughout its supply chain and includes five levels of certifications
- Cloud4C, has partnered with Citrix to offer Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops service
- Cloud4C provides cloud (public, private, hybrid) and community cloud services (Banking Community Cloud, SAP Community Cloud), cloud migration on public cloud platforms such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, end to end cloud managed services, disaster recovery services, managed security services
- Comstar stands as a full-service, single-source technology consultant, guiding businesses worldwide toward a full range of technology solutions required in today's digital environment
- Initially founded as a Philadelphia-based supplier for telephony and cabling company
- Starts 2/2/2021 from 1-3PM and continues through March 2nd, 2021
- Chris Ryne of Growth Achievement Partners (GAP) will present the BTA Virtual Managed IT Services Workshop
- Topics to Include
- Session 1 – Market overview, business model & KPIs, pricing & packaging
- Session 2 – Operations & service deliver
- Session 3 – Sales process & virtual CIO (vCIO) development
- Session 4 – Marketing, list development, account rep & manager engagement
- Session 5 – Third-party partners, trends & strategies of MSP acquisition, blueprint for establishing & executing your strategy
- Adds AI (artificial intelligence) and machine learning to its document capture solution
- To improve automation with invoice and accounts payable processes
- Reduce manual work
- Boost speed and reduce errors
- Supports integration with:
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations
- Oracle Financial Cloud
- “touchless processing to manage complex accounts payable processes
- Automated collection of missing documents
- Resolve inconsistencies between invoices, purchase orders and receiving information
- Automating AP (accounts payable) processes can reduce costs and errors 70%-85%
- TPx, a managed services provides managed IT, security, unified communications and connectivity, announced today that its MSx Managed Networks service now leverages Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) technology
- Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) technology will help boost business productivity with secure, fast and easily accessible Wi-Fi connectivity
- Wi-Fi 6, also known as High-Efficiency Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN), lays the groundwork for the growing use of internet-connected hardware and devices as well as applications like collaborative high-definition (HD) video streaming, augmented & virtual reality
- TPx, founded in 1998, TPx provides access, communications, collaboration and managed service offerings such as firewalls, Microsoft 365, SD-WAN and endpoint security
- Smart Source announces its acquisition of the majority of assets of Grandflow, Inc. ("Grandflow") in Livermore, California
- Grandflow was founded in 1973 as Grand Business Forms by Carl Rusca and offers document management services, along with print and promotional products
- Smart Source is a Brand Management Business Process Outsourcer ("BPO") and Technology provider headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia
Mark Henson, Senior Vice President of Business Development, commented that "Smart Source's expanded platform of services and technology will be a significant benefit to all of Grandflow's customers."
- Reported on Tech Republic
- Options for Chromebook users that don’t have network ready printer
- PaperCut Mobility Print
- Window to the World Communications, owner of WTTW and WFMT stations in Chicago, IL, notified an unknown number of customers that their info may have been exposed after email phishing attack that lasted 2 years.
- HYAS Security published results of study that shows that the Ryuk hacking group has collected over $150 million in ransomware payments since February of 2018.
- Lake Regional Healthcare of Fergus Falls, MN notified an unknown number of patients that their PHI was exposed after ransomware attack.
- Nissan North America notified an unknown number of customers that its source code was leaked after a Bitbucket Git server misconfiguration
- TrustWave Security issued warning about new QRat Trojan malware that can provide hackers with complete control over infected Microsoft Windows machines.
- Usually delivered via email phishing attacks.
- Kela Cybersecurity is warning that cyber criminals are now taking aim at online video gaming users for next big payday.
- The Dark Web supposedly is now selling up to 1 million compromised end user video game accounts
- Christopher Dobbins, formerly of Stradis Healthcare of Georgia, was sentenced to one year in prison and $221,200 fine for being involved in an insider breach.
- ThreatPost magazine is reporting of a new ransomware family named “Babuk
- Has already claimed at least 4 corporate victims in the U.S.
- Abuses the Windows Restart Manager application in servers
- Ubiquis Group of New York, notified customers, including the New York Department of Education, that teacher info may have been exposed after ransomware attack.
- Malwarebytes is reporting that the Emotet trojan malware attackers are sending more than 100,000 phishing emails per day in attempt to steal info from organizations in the U.S.