November 9th, 2019
MSP & MSSP Industry Notes
ARCOA has established itself as an industry leader in the recycling and processing of electronics scrap. Our management has over 30 years of experience in scrap and precious metals recycling. As an R2:2013, ISO 14001:2015 and OHSAS 18001:2007 certified electronics recycler, we can assure you that all of our material processing is done in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- DigitalMunition reports that malicious actors have targeted ConnectWise Automate the platform is used by MSP’s and TSPs (Technology Solution Providers)
- Also reports that MSPs rethinking cybersecurity and many are embracing NIST cybersecurity framework
- NTT East (Nippon Telegraph and Telephone East Corporation) selects Cisco Meraki MX and MS series for delivering managed SD-WAN/connectivity services and managed LAN services
- NTT East also offer managed WiFI service named “GigaRaku WiFi”. “GigaRaku VPN” and GigaRaku Switch availability is slated for November 11th, 2019
- Vice President, Japan Service Provider, Cisco, Ichiro Nakagawa said “Cisco is very pleased that GigaRaku Wi-Fi has evolved under the strong partnership with NTT East and Cisco, and the new SDx services, GigaRaku VPN and GigaRaku Switch, will be available with Cisco Meraki
- RFA headquarter in New York City, offers financial cloud and cybersecurity services to the financial market.
- RFA serves more than 650 clients around the work with locations in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, California and Luxembourg.
- Inaugural RFA AltTech conference to be held on November 13th in New York City.
- Discussions will include applications of business robotics and AI/ml along with new standards associated with security and risk mitigation
- Both Adair Technology Management and Custom Computer Solutions are located in Owasso, Oklahoma (USA)
- Both companies offer managed information technology services to companies with up to 500 users
- Will do business under Adair Technology Management and will offer fully outsourced IT; managed, cloud and project services; IT assessments; compliance services; cyversecurity services, unified communication along with virtual CIO consulting
- SDI located in Chicago, IL (USA) and a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)
- ADI provides IT consultancy and managed IT services.
- Awarded Top Workplaces in 2019 by the Chicago Tribune for the second year in a row
- "We are incredibly honored to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Chicago for the second year in a row," said SDI CEO David A. Gupta
- The Chicago Tribune Top Workplaces program is based solely on employee feedback gathered through a third-party survey administered by research partner Energage, LLC, a leading provider of technology-based employee engagement tools.
- Astute Business Solutions located in Pheasanton, California and is an Oracle Cloud Managed Service Prodivder (MSP) and Gold Partner
- Appoints Joe Finlinson as Chief Technology Officer on November 7th, 2019
- Finlinson had served as Director of Business Applications Technology for Intermountain Healthcare since 2012
- "Joe’s technical competency in on-premise and Cloud solutions, combined with his healthcare industry experience, thought leadership and passion for solving business problems put him in the driver’s seat to lead Astute into the next era of innovative Cloud services," said Arvind Rajan, CEO, and Co-Founder of Astute Business Solutions
- Vandis Corporate office located in Albertson, New York (USA)
- Announces they are now a part of Microsoft Azure Networking Managed Service Provider (MSP). Will be able to deliver Managed Services for Azure Networking to targeting enterprise accounts
- Vandis delivers security, cloud, networking, mobility and infrastructure services for on-premise and cloud
- Will focus on two areas of managed services
- Azure ExpressRoute: Vandis' team will create a private connection between an organization's on-prem infrastructure and the cloud via Azure ExpressRoute. Vandis managed services will provide ongoing management, monitoring, and troubleshooting for the Azure ExpressRoute connection.
- Azure Virtual WAN: Vandis provides the ability to securely connect branch sites, datacenters, and cloud environments leveraging SD-WAN and Azure vWAN as a secure, price saving alternative to MPLS. Ongoing managed services will provide incident monitoring and management of the traffic flow between premise locations, cloud locations, and the Internet.
- SAIC (Science Applications International Corp) headquarter in Reston, Virgina
- Revenues of $6.5 billion with 23,000 employees and offers technology integration for defense, civilian and intelligence markets
- Awarded $55 million IT contract for a term of 53 months with two one-year options
- Under the contract, SAIC will deliver services to support the county’s IT and technology environments in the following areas:
- Data center
- Service desk
- Overall IT service management
- Cisco headquartered in San Jose, California (USA) global technology leader that has been making the internet work since 1984
- Launches Meraki-Go which is complete line of cloud managed networking products designed to help businesses with not IT team
- Meraki Go Models and MSRP* (USD/GBP/EUR)
Meraki Go Mobile App – Available for free in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store
Indoor Access Point – $149 USD
Outdoor Access Point – $199 USD
Network Switch – starting at $229 USD, available in 8, 24 and 48 ports, with optional POE
Security Gateway – $149
Security Subscription – $120/year
- *Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price, excluding tax
All hardware includes local power supply. No license or subscription required to use. Optional Security Subscription can be used with the Security Gateway only.
- Cumulus Cloud headquarter in Westborough, Massachusetts (USA), offers cloud-based solutions to clients to augment or replace on=premise and hosted IT solutions
- Cumulus Cloud named to CRN 2019 Managed Service Provider (MSP) 500 list in the Pioneer category
- “In February, we were recognized for our innovative shift in focus towards business outcomes,” noted Cumulus Global CEO Allen Falcon
- “Capable MSPs enable companies to take their cloud computing to the next level, streamline spending, effectively allocate limited resources and navigate the vast field of available technologies,” said Bob Skelley, CEO of The Channel Company.
- Thrive located in Foxborough, Massachusetts (USA), is a provider of NextGen managed services using Thrive5 Methodology
- Announces acquisition of EaseTech located in Columbia, Maryland (USA) and provides a new region for Thrive to offer their cybersecurity, hybrid Cloud, global network management, disaster recovery along with NestGen services
- EaseTech in business since 1993 with 40 employees provide Cloud-managed services to clients in Maryland, Virginia and Washington, DC.
- Rob Stephenson, Thrive CEO. "The EaseTech clients will benefit greatly from Thrive's vast engineering expertise and our NextGen platform of advanced cybersecurity, hybrid Cloud and compliance-driven services. "Partnering with EaseTech is a highly attractive proposition for Thrive as they're one of the most widely respected technology firms in the Mid-Atlantic region. EaseTech's 'customer-first' philosophy is a perfect match for our core values," said Rob Stephenson, Thrive CEO.
- Effectual located in Hoboken, New Jersey (USA) offers consultancy and cloud-first managed services
- Announces that they have secured funding from Lumerity Capital for the next phase of growth for reaching new markets
- Lumerity Capital is a private equity firm founded in 2014 focused on investments in cloud and data infrastructure.
- "Having previously operated a global data center footprint in addition to providing managed services for public cloud, it is liberating to enter the market without the constraints of physical infrastructure," said Robb Allen, CEO, Effectual.
- Sunstone Partners located in San Mateo, California (USA). Founded in 2016 and has nearly $800 million if committed capital under it’s first two funds
- Announces sale of Onica which is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partner Network (APN) Premier Consulting Partner and AWS Managed Service Provider to Rackspack
- Rackspace headquarter in San Antonio, Texas (USA). Launched in 1998 by three Trinity University classmates
- Rackspace is a provider of managed services across all major public and private cloud technologies
- CynergisTek provides cybersecurity, privacy and compliance technology to clients
- Acquire Backbone Enterprise for approximately $7.0 million which $5.5 million is cash and the $1.5 million in CynergisTek common stock
- Backbone provides IT risk advisory services
- “Backbone Consultants’ suite of services will immediately complement our entire portfolio as well as provide additional IT risk audit services and GDPR readiness, and prepare us for the opportunity with the California Consumer Privacy Act,” said CynergisTek CEO