November 24th, 2019
MSP & MSSP Industry Notes
ARCOA Group is here to help you successfully manage your IT Asset Disposition process. We help you recover value from retired electronic equipment through responsible methods of reuse and recycling. We ensure proper handling of assets which may contain data, while being environment stewards for assets that have no reuse value and are headed for recycling. We’ve built a robust de-manufacturing process to offer additional options for asset value recovery by disassembling equipment for commodity grade materials, which can be diverted from landfills and be used to create new base materials
- Posted on forbes.com, an email was sent to users of Google Cloud Print notifying that service will no longer be supported at the conclusion of December 2020. Cloud Print was launched back in 2010
- Collabrance® located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa (Subsidiary Great America Company) a privately head Managed Service Provider
- Celebrates 10 anniversary as a “Master MSP” with white labeling IT solutions and services
- “We're excited to use this moment to reflect on the past 10 years, look ahead to evolve our business into the future, and celebrate all we've accomplished together,” says Greg VanDeWalker, Vice President of IT Channel & Services at GreatAmerica and Collabrance.
- Converge Technology Solutions located in Toronto, Canada announces acquisition all of the voting and economic membership interests of VSS Holding, LLC
- VSS Holdings is a technology solutions provider that eleven locations throughout the United States
- "VSS is now poised to deliver a more widely-based platform of services to its customers while still offering its top-of-the-line customer service and white glove treatment to ensure that their business objectives are met or exceeded," said Robert L. Jernoske, Jr., CEO of VSS.
- Solar Winds based in Austin, Texas (USA) is a provider of IT management software
- Announced that it was named November 2019 Gartner Peer Insights Customers Choice for IT Service Management Tools
- “We are honored to be named a Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for IT Service Management Tools and believe it recognizes our dedication to providing our customers with the best possible solutions that will empower their employees,” said Lee McClendon, general manager and senior vice president of ITSM at SolarWinds
- Peer Insights is an online platform of ratings and reviews of IT software and services that are written and read by IT professional along with technology decision-makers
- Based with regional offices in Santa Clara, California and Saint Louis, Missouri and is a strategic service provider for IT managed services
- Announces introduction of their Managed SD-Wan offering
- “Security is top of mind for IT leaders, but many enterprises struggle to balance these measures with other business priorities,” said Derek Brost, Director of Professional Services
- According to a recent report from Global Market Insights, Inc., SD-WAN is projected to grow to an industry valuation of $17 billion by 2025. InterVision’s Managed SD-WAN service can assist with any existing WAN additions, changes or requests for information while improving overall performance through close monitoring of operations.
- Solar Winds back in the news with announcing its MSP Institute which is an on-line learning web site designed to provide training for business, sales, marketing and technical courses, continues to grow and drive client success
- Since the site was launched back in February of 2019, Solar Winds has intro’d 120 courses with an average rating of 4.76 stars out of 5
- More than 38,000 sessions have been logged
- Lisa Niekamp-Urwin, president and CEO at Tomorrow’s Technology Today, said, “The MSP Institute helps to bring our partnership with SolarWinds to the next level – beyond just the technology. SolarWinds is taking the time to invest in what I need to keep taking my business to the next level. They have always offered me resources anytime to help me, but now it is organized and professional. Definitely a win, win. And it’s great to see this included in my partnership and not a nickel and dime experience. I appreciate that.”
- London, England ITC Secure a managed security service provider forms a new partnership with United States based IronNet Cybersecurity and has launched the United Kingdom’s first advanced collective defense platform
- Arno Robbertse, Chief Executive of ITC Secure said “This is a fantastic addition to our portfolio of managed cyber security services. It’s a pleasure and privilege to bring IronNet to the UK, and working with General Keith and his team has been tremendous.
- Companies like ours have talked for years of strength in depth, now we have gone further than that and can offer collective defence. It’s a step change, and in perfect synergy with our world class SOC.”
- ITC more than twenty years in business and delivers Cyber Security solutions to organizations in more than 180 countries
- IronNet Cybersecurity founded in 2014 and is a worldwide cybersecurity leader
- Tokyo, Japan ITC solutions and international communications business under the NTT Group
- Announces reception of MEF 3.0 Proof of Concepts Award in two categories
“MEF3.0 SD-WAN Implementation 2019”
“Network Slicing Implementation 2019”
- ITPartners+ located in Grand Rapids, Michigan is a managed service provider that serves government agencies and businesses
- Announces achievement of Blue Partner Status with Datto
- Blue Status is reserved for Datto top 5 percent of partners worldwide
- "We couldn't be prouder of our entire team at ITParners+ for such a great achievement" said Kevin Damghani, Chief Partner Experience Engineer at ITPartners+
- "We are thrilled to recognize ITPartners+ as a Blue Partner," said Rob Rae, Vice President of Business Development, Datto. "We are committed to providing ITPartners+, and all of our partners, with the necessary capabilities to develop deep relationships with their customers and keep growing their brands and businesses. "
- ITPartners+ was founded two years ago by Kevin Damghani and Jonathan Highman as a B2B extension of their successful break-fix company, Computer Rescue 911.
- Allstream based in Toronto, Canada
- Allstream's offerings include a range of innovative, highly scalable, managed services including IP, cloud, voice, and data solutions for enterprise customers
- Announces new managed IT solution, IT CloudView, IT departments and C-suite
- IT CloudView automatically optimizes and delivers superior performance in wireless environments, even under intense interference conditions.
- A cloud-based approach offers the latest and greatest technology, without the overhead of on-premises infrastructure and the costs associated with maintaining those disparate systems with updates automatically pushed from the Cloud.
- IT CloudView ties video surveillance into networking solutions, so safety concerns can be addressed. In fact, the IT CloudView dashboard provides secure monitoring and management of all cameras from anywhere in the world — no extra software required. This provides peace of mind to employees and customers. It also safeguards businesses from fraudulent claims.
- With the ability to see network trends and anomalies instantly, IT CloudView provides new insights into how the network is being used and where trouble might be lurking. The ability to find any individual client device that has recently connected to the network, along with where and when they arrived, can be crucial for both monitoring network performance and for troubleshooting. Finally, the ultimate network in visibility all in one place.
- Segra based in Charolotte, North Carolina (USA) provides Ethernet, MPLS, dark fiber, advanced data center services, IP and managed services, voice and cloud solutions, all backed by its industry-leading service and reliability
- Annouces its Security Operations Center as a Service (SOCaaS) offering
- Key features
- Real-time alerting
- Security and compliance out-of-the-box
- Cloud scale architecture
- Self-Learning Asset Inventory (CMDB)
- Event source monitoring
- Network, virtualization, and application intelligence
- Dynamic dashboards, topology maps, and notifications
Ingram Micro Gets Creative With New Financing Capabilities For MSPs, VARs
- Posted on CRN
- Announcing that it has expanded channel financing capabilities in new ways to help it’s MSP and SMB partners
- Ingram Micro One conference, held this week in Denver, to support its partners with as-a-service models, said Kelly Carter, the company's new chief country financial officer for its Canada business
- Qumulo based in Seattle, Washington (USA) provides enterprise hybrid cloud file storage
- Announces San Diego Supercomputer Center has selected Qumulo’s distributed file system to offer to its scientific research clients
- SDSC is a managed services provider (MSP) for the scientific community, government, business and academia
- "Our storage requirements for data projects are growing from tens of terabytes to hundreds of terabytes," said Amit Majumdar, Ph.D., director of data enabled scientific computing at SDSC. "Large data transfer and storage, high-speed access, sharing, search functionalities -- all of these are becoming more and more important for our projects."