This is the first night since I started writing this blog series that I wasn't sure what I was going to write about. After 43 days of writing how much more can you cover or how much more content can you provide for other peeps with help they might need.
Tonight I'd like to cover a few things I've been doing everyday other than taking the occasional break and lunch.
Many weeks ago I learned that I can't work with the TV on in my office. It's too distracting especially when I have the news on all day. Plus the fact that most of the news is bad news and I can't function with bad news. Yup, there's stuff that will bring me down also.
What I Do Every Day
- Update my list of things to do. It's constant list and it never ends, learned many years ago that I can't remember everything
- Prospecting, whether it's a lot or a little I'm prospecting everyday. It's more emails, and inmails (linkedin) and not us much phone work. Once I find that there's an opportunity that leads to the phone call.
- Review my hand written opportunity list for the month. Every time I make a touch on that opportunity I'll put a check mark next to the business name. Seven touches is the goal, however with COVID19 it's taking many more touches to get to the order
- Search and offer up connections on Linkedin and send those inmails.
- Post content, share content, like content and make comments on threads from companies I follow
- Google search for motivational quotes and write it on my white board in my office
- Always thinking about good content to post on my blog or an article on Linkedin (doing more of this lately)
- Increase the amount people I'm connected with on social media (facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and Alignable)
Just a moment on Alignable, it's something new for me and I'm on it everyday for a few minutes. I do find it interesting because the site will suggest connections for you. In addition you don't have to belong to groups in order to get alerted for new threads in your geographical area. Kinda liking that part right now.
Moving to today I've declared that I'm back in a slump, nothing hot and few clients that are lukewarm at best. The only way to break out of that slump is to keep getting up to the plate. Of course that plate is prospecting. There's nothing that will drain your emotions more than a day of prospecting. Ending the day with not creating an opportunity or an appointment and you feel like crap.
Nothing much went on today. Two meetings, one was internal and the other was a review. Emailing, inmailing and phone calls produced nothing.
I've got 8 clients/prospects I need to reach tomorrow and the rest of the day is prospecting with one late appointment at 4PM.
With that it's now 10:19PM and it's time to check my google alerts.