Skip to main content

Just like sports, the use of science to develop elite performers also applies in sales. In both fields, trainers adopt two key scientific elements — metrics and method — to drive practitioners into breaking records and setting new milestones in their game.

In sports, much of the science focuses on the athlete: genetics, biomechanics (movement techniques, training regimen), nutrition, and psychology (for mental toughness, behavioral modifications, and positive visualizations). On the other hand, the use of science in sales focuses on two areas: the seller and the buyer.

Like top athletes, sales superstars also adopt:

1. A sales methodology to systematize their gameplay
  2. Proactive sales psychology to prepare for the toughest buyer objections ahead of time by establishing the right mental and emotional state.

But because selling is a two-way interaction, the science behind sales also covers the other party in the engagement: prospects, leads, or customers, depending on the stage in the sales process at which they are being engaged.

In this post, I’ve gathered my best key takeaways and tactics for running successful sales calls, based on my 10+ years of sales experience. As the field moves closer to a customer-centric paradigm, you’ll find that most of the tactics I have included are buyer-focused.

15 Expert Phone Sales Tips

1. Start all sales calls with a bang

read the rest here

If you like something I've posted please feel free to click the "like" button!

Original Post

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.