Skip to main content

sales-interview-checklist-compressor-562958-edited.jpg

I’ve interviewed more than 250 people for sales positions in the last 10 years.

Although every top candidate has different strengths, certain trends come up again and again. I’ve learned to look out for these signs during interviews -- if a potential salesperson demonstrates most of them, they’re likely to be a great performer. (If they have all of them, their success is almost certain.)

Sales managers, use this list to determine whom to hire. Reps, use it to land the job you want.

1) Asks Great Questions

The quality of a salesperson’s questions during the interviews is by far the best and clearest indicator of their ability to succeed. A good question goes beyond facts the candidate could have easily learned by looking at your company website or LinkedIn page and delves into what’s needed to do well in this role.

read more here

If you like something I've posted please feel free to click the "like" button!

Original Post

In reference to the above blog.  If you want salespeople that want to make money (desire). When the interview is almost over, slap $500 bucks on the table and ask the person. How would you rather make this $500 bucks?

1) work 40 hours for it

or

2) try to talk me out of it

If they choose #1, tell em thank you and we're not interested.  However if they choose #2 and they can get through ten minutes of trying to talk you out it, then I recommend offering them the job and not the $500 bucks.  Just my two cents

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.