Skip to main content

Salespeople have a love-hate relationship with voicemail, tilted heavily toward the negative. While it is convenient to have a machine reliably answer incoming calls at any hour of the day, leaving your messages with a cold, computer-driven device can be daunting. Particularly since many people hide behind their voicemail systems or are simply too busy to return even the calls they meant to return. Even worse, many companies forget to eliminate voicemail accounts when an employee leaves, so you could be dumping your well-intentioned efforts down a deep dark hole that will never elicit a response. 

So there's a problem, or at least a challenge.  How do you get people to always return your calls?

Not surprisingly, I have my own method for getting through.  As a marketer and Wall Street Journal cartoonist, my first thought is to use a cartoon.  In fact, one particular cartoon I shared with you above.  But first, I want to share a collection of the best ideas that emerged from a workshop I hosted recently, on how to reach VIP prospects  read more here

If you like something I've posted please feel free to click the "like" button!

Original Post

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.